Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Camcorder Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camcorder Advice

My camcorder that I've had for 4 yrs has finally shit-da-bed. So now I need a new one. I'm looking for something $800 and under, nothing too fancy but nothing too crappy either. I want to document the roadtrip I'll be taking next month and I kind of want to start taping shows here and there. I need recommendations.

Anyone?

Re: Camcorder Advice

ebay: panasonic gs300
    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
    you're pretty narcissistic
    enjoy that, nobody else does.
    Originally posted by Madklikor
    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
      cool. Any reason why it's so good? Just curious.

Comment

Um, because Scott said so...

Duh...
        Originally posted by Ars Sycro
        I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

if has 3ccd for image stabelizing, the picture quality is great in low light, and the internal mic isn't the worst ever.

Comment

Go HD... HDV to be precise.
            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

a lot of the consumer level HD camcorders out there are no better than the gs300.

i taped a kaddisfly concert using a Sony HD camera....it turned out to be the most grainy of all the camera angles I had. I'm sure it looks spectacular in normal light settings, but quite useless if taping a concert

Comment

Yeah, i think a lot of consumer HD camera's have a lot of low light issues from experience/what i've read. Scrap what i said, wait til HD technology becomes better. Whatever you do, don't by a DVD camcorder, those things suck.
                (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Originally posted by cribble View Post
                  Yeah, i think a lot of consumer HD camera's have a lot of low light issues from experience/what i've read. Scrap what i said, wait til HD technology becomes better. Whatever you do, don't by a DVD camcorder, those things suck.
                  Yeah I'm aware of the DVD camcorders and how they're only for extremely casual tapers. However I was debating an HD but I'll wait until the technology gets a little better.

Comment

My HDR-HC1 isn't too shabby in low light.
                    sigpic
                    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
                      is this the one you're talking about?

If so; most people are saying it is a little dark in low light situations. Is this true or are these people not using it right? I'm guessing these people have no idea what they're doing though...

Comment

no that's not it....that might be an updated version of it....but the gs300 you won't find in bestbuy anymore. the model is out of production....hence ebay

Comment

I'm at best buy right now (hehe) and i've been doing my research and it looks as if the updated version is a little better except for the fact that it doesn't have a mic input or in camera light. However I'm not too worried about those sort of things. I'm trying to buy it from a best/circuit store so I can get a warranty though. If something happens to the camera, I don't want to be fucked in the long run (I've been there).

Now...what kind of editing software (aside from Apple) should I use? Nothing too fancy, but nothing too amateurish. If you follow me...
                          Last edited by kata rokkar; May 19, 2008, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I hear good things about Sony Vegas. Premiere is alright too, used it a few times. It does feel cluttered... but i was using like, version 4/5 or something, so it's probably all swanky and shit now.

Avid do one too. In fact, they do a few.. it's like a car range, there's one with a casette player and then one with a CD player and then one with a CD/mp3/dvd player and air con. Depends what you're after.

Personally, i'm apple, and use Final Cut blah blah blah. And iMovie is plush meh meh meh.
                            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Working...
                            X