Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

so...no thread about the new NIN yet huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so...no thread about the new NIN yet huh?

You're not alone, sangreal.

post-The Fragile NIN is very uneven (and that was nearly 9 years ago).

Comment

Was it the politics, or just the songs themselves that you didn't like? Not industrial enough? It is different from his earlier work for sure.

And Ooga, I have no idea where this bumper sticker originated. I think it's just a shortened version of: "If the fetus you save is gay, will you still fight for its rights?" But wouldn't it be glorious if it did come from Trent?
      Last edited by Trathena; May 7, 2008, 03:17 AM.

Comment

I just finished listening to it

definitely better than With Teeth, but I don't think better than Year Zero, the last few songs -the instrumentals- really just drag on. My opinion may change after a few listens though, its been like that with every Nine Inch Nails record really,

The Fragile
        Downward Spiral
        Year Zero
        Pretty Hate Machine
        The Slip
        Ghosts I-IV
        With Teeth
        Broken

that's my list, not including live albums and remix EPs
        but like I said, it's a free album, so whatever...

more props to Trent
        Last edited by Ventrio; May 7, 2008, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trathena View Post
          Was it the politics, or just the songs themselves that you didn't like? Not industrial enough? It is different from his earlier work for sure.

And Ooga, I have no idea where this bumper sticker originated. I think it's just a shortened version of: "If the fetus you save is gay, will you still fight for its rights?" But wouldn't it be glorious if it did come from Trent?
          the songs.

Comment

i have been a die hard nin fan for years. since 1994. and i thought year zero was a piece of shit. had maybe 3 decent songs on it. ghosts was ok though. the split actually isn't that bad. ive only listened through once so far though.
            bring back the apocalypse.

Comment

I actually didn't like year zero at first but now I fucking love it, it grew on me like a antibiotic resistant staph infection.
              sigpic
              We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness View Post
                I actually didn't like year zero at first but now I fucking love it, it grew on me like a antibiotic resistant staph infection.

i guess i never gave it a chance because i thought it was horrible on first listen.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness View Post
                  I don't know how to tell you this, but you've done it; That description is what I've been waiting for. I can't wait until I infect myself with the music and then die because of its resistance to antibiotics. What an album!

Comment

Working...
                  X