Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Lucid Dreaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucid Dreaming

I experienced it about a week ago, and although it wasn't very vivid or long lasting, I can confirm that it happened.

I watched a film called "Waking Life" (excellent film, you should watch it) and it mentioned trying to change the light levels in dreams. They say that if you try to change the light levels in your dreams with a light switch or something then you can't, and once you try and realize you can't, you can realize you are dreaming and in turn take control of your dream.

I started turning off and on lights in my waking life, just to make it a habit so maybe I'd do it in my dreams. I did this for about three weeks. In my dream, I had no control for the majority of the dream. I finally was in a dimly lit room, and I decided to try to turn off the lights (not to my control), and I couldn't turn them off. Then I realized I was dreaming. I basically reconstructed the room I was in by just merely thinking about it, but I did nothing. I didn't have full control of my dream, but I knew I was dreaming. There were just certain things I could not do for some reason. I wish I would have remembered more of it, but I didn't.

I want to continue to practice this and experience this, because it was really an experience that I enjoyed. I think I'll start making a dream journal and see where it goes from there.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? If so, please share your experiences!
    http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
    seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Re: Lucid Dreaming

I've had this before multiple times. I learned about Lucid Dreaming from El Cielo and realized that I can do it. It's really hard to do because the second that you realized that you're in a dream and you can control anything you want you get really excited and usually wake yourself up.

I've found out that I am more likely to Lucid Dream right when I'm starting to get into a dream or fall out of it. Most likely because it takes enough consciousness to pull it off.

I've never heard of the light trick before. Usually what triggers it for me is stuff that just doesn't make any sense. A good one is looking at a clock. In your dream time will not be constant. Your brain isn't going to keep proper time for you. So if you look at a clock (in your dream) it can say 4pm and then in 5 mins (relatively speaking) it can say 1:30pm.
    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
    I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

I just saw a film called "A Good Night" with Martin Freeman and altho some of the actual processes and information about Lucid Dreaming may not be totally accurate, if you are interested in Lucid Dreaming it may be worth seeing.

allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out.
        http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
        seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

I Lucid Dreamed that I was a penguin morphing into a walrus eating a penguin...

...is that irony or my psychotic subconscious...
          Originally posted by Ars Sycro
          I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Working...
          X