Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Opus Day Loses Singer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opus Day Looses Singer

From the sound of the new song on their myspace they would have been better off keeping the old singer.

BuddyGoodness added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Opus Dai's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
    sigpic
    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

I actually like the song.. But it sounds more like Sputnik Monroe than it sounds like Opus Dai

Comment

Not I, now they sound like hundreds of other bands.
        sigpic
        We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.

Comment

Their previous singer was one of the most unique singers I've ever heard, they're not gonna get that back, sadly.. but I actually thought the music on that track was pretty good

Comment

yeah the music wasn't bad..the singer might not work, or may just need some getting warmed-up to.
            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I agree. The music sounds promising, but the new vocals do not.
              Originally posted by Gnomad
              How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

I'm tempted to email both Chris Paul and Ryan to try to find out what happened. I haven't talked to either of them in a while, but I definitely think they were better off with the two of them. The new bassist is pretty good, but I still prefer Ryan. We'll see how it goes, I guess. I will always be a fan of Atsushi, though.
                I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

These guys open up for Fair to Midland this Wednesday, but I may not get there in time to catch their set. Bummer.
                  Originally posted by Gnomad
                  I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                  do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                    I'm tempted to email both Chris Paul...
                    good luck with that....
                    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                    you're pretty narcissistic
                    enjoy that, nobody else does.
                    Originally posted by Madklikor
                    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Does he know how to use a computer or does the sight of one send him off on a psychotic rant?
                      sigpic

Comment

i don't know. i'm sure you could ask him if you could only find the water fountain he was bathing himself in....
                        Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                        you're pretty narcissistic
                        enjoy that, nobody else does.
                        Originally posted by Madklikor
                        You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Start looking everyone.
                          sigpic

Comment

I should listen to the O.H.M. stuff more..
                            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by IKnockStuffDown View Post
                              hahaha

In my opinion if you change a band member, then you should become another band with another name. You just aren't the same. Unless of course it is a band member that really doesn't have a big part in the bands sound.

But then again, I can't imagine dredg still being dredg if one of the band members happened to leave. It just wouldn't be the same.
                              Perfect example: Zeitgeist.

AnewKINDofFEELING added 9 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

I obviously missed the 2nd page of this thread the first time. That's fucking nuts. Chris Paul and I actually started chatting through email because of this site. When they finally got to play here, Chris Paul recognized me from pictures and got my attention from across the parking lot. Anyway, we spent the entire pre-show hitting all of the area bars telling the patrons to get the fuck out and go to the show. Anyway, Chris Paul was definitely not as low key as the rest of them (Jagger only said about 4 words the whole time).

That surprises me to hear that about Chris. It's a shame. He really is a super nice guy and I only hope for the best for him. One of my very best friends, who happens to be a phenomenal singer as well, went through the same thing. Nobody has even seen him in over a year. It really is hard to see it happen to a friend.

I hope he's able to get clean.
                              I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                              I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                              A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                              To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

their new EP "Touch the Sun" is up on their myspace

their new singer actually I'm starting to like. He almost sounds like Rob from Soundscape or John Arch even a bit.
                                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X