Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Sell A Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell A Band

Are you searching for truck accessories? Here in sellaband.com, you will be found all the necessary stuff for your cars, jeep, and any kind four-wheelers

Has anybody heard of this website? It seems interesting. I thought that a few of you that enjoy music or may be in a band might enjoy this idea.

Basically, (stolen from here)

Bands upload sample music to Sellaband.com, promote the heck out of their profile page and ask fans to chip in $10 per share of a recording that will be produced when the band raises $50,000. The fans can take their money back out at any time before the goal is met. Once recordings are made, 3 songs are offered for free, all other songs are then sold for .50 cents on the Sellaband site, where ad revenue will be split between the bands (1/3), Sellaband (1/3) and Believers (Music Fans)(1/3). Publishing revenue is split between the bands (60%), Sellaband (30%), and the Producers (10%). Fans each get a copy of the recorded CD and bands are free to offer them any other benefits, like concert tickets, that they wish. Sellaband retains rights on the music for 12 months. The company seems confident that bands will be able to find 5,000 supporters (called “Believers”) willing to put up $10 apiece.
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Re: Sell A Band

sounds cool, how long till the record companies kill it?
    sigpic
    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Since, after looking at it, they've been up for a year and a half and nobody has raised $50,000.... it will be a while before the big people care.
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

That's a great idea. I wish more people would support something like this.
        http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
        seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

It's a great idea, but I'll be surprised if anyone ever reaches $50,000. At least anyone worth it.

Comment

$50,000 to record? What the hell? That must include the string sections i guess...
            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

nah... to get PRO ass recording, itll cost you a testicle. after a "producer" takes his fees, studio time, equiptment purchase, album manufacturing and marketing, thats sound about right to me. If you gave me $50,000 , Id spend 15,000-20,000 on equiptment alone...

Comment

Hm, guess you're right.

Besides, it's not about how much you spend on recording and equipment, it's about the mix and quality... the amount of bands i know who go into studio's and come out with some badly mixed money hole.

I'd take the 50k, and still blag equipment as i've always done.
                (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Working...
                X