Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Board Suggestions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evasivetear
    replied
    Re: Board Suggestions

my name should be changed to either

1. evasive
    2. evasiveface
    3. evasive face

i'm tired of this ET shit. people who reference me as ET, (kyle, amy) suck

just kidding. amy's cool.

edit: take me seriously....and you're retarded.

DOUBLE EDGE SWORD OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!

HA!

Leave a comment:

• One Second Clubber
    replied

I do like the embeded videos feature. It would be nice if I could chose when I wanted it to be embeded or not. Though I'm not worried about it. I'm just starting to nit-pick at this point.

...if I had to chose one from the other, I would chose having embeded vids rather then just having links...

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

No. Unless I get rid of the embedded videos all together...

Leave a comment:

• One Second Clubber
    replied

As posted in another thread. Is there anyway to post youtube videos as links and not embeded videos?

Leave a comment:

• IKnockStuffDown
    replied

Different color schemes based off of the colors of the albums sounds great. I will help participate in this however I can.

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

If somebody wants to come up with a color scheme, I'm open to it.... but I suck at this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• TheRuleofThree
    replied

Also Josh, maybe we could do several skins for the board... one based on each of the color combinations from the three main albums? That way old schoolers can still use the Leitmotif colors or switch to a lighter tone (such as a white/green/pink for CWA) if the choose.

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

Originally posted by Volvox View Post
    I think there should be a better separation between "dredg/non-dredg talk". I'd like to see new categories like "other bands"/"offtopic" instead of only "non-dredg talk". (for example)

And of course better icons (this standard blue doesn't fit to black/orange imo)
    Icons, yes.

The other, I'll put up a poll.

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

Originally posted by cribble View Post
    This Part:
    <<<<<

Needs to be controlled a bit better.

Some people with longer usernames, or huge images, make this part go a bit weird and it ruins the flow of reading topics... and it looks ugly.
    I believe this has been fixed. Previously, I had edited it to put it on the side... but I didn't put much thought into it. When fixing other stuff this morning, I found an option to place it on the side, which I think corrects most issues. Also, the smaller text for names should help.

Leave a comment:

• cribble
    replied

This Part:
    <<<<<

Needs to be controlled a bit better.

Some people with longer usernames, or huge images, make this part go a bit weird and it ruins the flow of reading topics... and it looks ugly.

Leave a comment:

• Volvox
    replied

I think there should be a better separation between "dredg/non-dredg talk". I'd like to see new categories like "other bands"/"offtopic" instead of only "non-dredg talk". (for example)

And of course better icons (this standard blue doesn't fit to black/orange imo)

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

As soon as I can find out where to edit it, I'll try out some other colors.

Leave a comment:

• TheRuleofThree
    replied

Good question. I don't know what color I'd go with... maybe someone with better experience at designing this stuff could suggest something so that it doesn't look gawdy or anything.

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
    Is there any way to make a clearer distinction between older posts and newer posts in the forum view? The bold yellow doesn't really stand out more and just makes me squint trying to see if a thread is new or not.
    Would a totally different color help you out?

If so, any color suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

OSC, I looked into your suggestion (from the Changes post) and the current option is actually the most useable.

Basically, the 3 options are:
    1. Mark threads read based on cookies. Does not seem to mark posts read when you view them.
    2. Mark threads read based on viewing forum.
    3. Mark threads read based on viewing thread. Currently what is being used.

I'll look for maybe a plugin that can better handle this. But for now, you can just use the link at the bottom of the forum homepage to mark them all as read.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X