Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Must Play Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must Play Games

So I recently started playing some NES and SNES roms lately dominating my old favorite games. Then I got to wondering, is there possibly some awesome old school games from the NES\SNES\SEGA era that I might not have played before? I do find it a long shot but still a possibility.

Even if you think\know that we've all played the game, let's discuss some of our old favorites anyway.

Personally, I just finished destroying my favorite game EVER. Earthbound for SNES. I can't even begin to explain how much I love that game. If you haven't played it, download an SNES Emulator, the ROM and give it a go.
    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
    I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Re: Must Play Games

sunset riders. the snes version
    general chaos for genesis
    mutant league football for genesis
    rock and roll racing for snes (my favorite racing game of all time!)

Comment

Mutant League Football was AWESOME!!! But I think that Mutant League Hokey was even better. I thought the controls of the fighting system was better and plus knocking dudes through the ice and watching them float away as you played was far more rewarding...

And Rock and Roll Racing on the SNES was EPIC. Seriously an instant classic. Not only was the game play amazing but the sound track kicked major ass. "Highway Star" by Deep Purple and "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath. How could anybody not love this game.

As far as Sunset Riders, totally forgot about that game. Great Call... Going to have to bust that one back out...

And I've never played General Chaos and it looks crazy awesome. But it looks like it is more of a co-op game more than a single player game. Is it worth playing all the way through on single player or is co-op more rewarding?
      Originally posted by Ars Sycro
      I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

co-op is the way to go, as you actually control each character and can switch between them. single player you control a cursor on screen that tells them where to go, kinda like a RTS like command and conquer. fun fun game.

did you ever unlock olaf the viking in rock and roll racing??? he was awesome. i loved just suping up the tank type cars. the hover ones were sweet and all, but i really liked the tank ones.

Comment

ALEX KIDD IN MIRACLE WORLD RAPES YOUR FUCKING FACE.

I'm not even fucking joking. I would trade my whole paternal family tree for an original SMS with this game.

Fuck, that game is so awesome I just got a fucking boner. A BONER. Alex Kidd makes me wanna run around punching everything.

Goddamn it, I just got a bit teary-eyed. I miss being young. Thanks for opening up some wounds, OSC, you motherfucking prick.

FUCK I WANT MY CHILDHOOD BACK!!!!!!

Comment

oh shi.. I remember Alex Kidd... Extremely good times...

Comment

Gunstar Heroes.

End of thread.
              Facebook / Twitter

Comment

all SNES:
                Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Terranigma, Illusion of Time (all awesome roleplay games)
                Yoshi's island
                PLOK (funny (at the end very difficult) jump'n'run; you can't save on the real SNES, but with rom you can)

Comment

I only had a NES (I had one until, no joke, a year before the PS2 release):
                  Contra (i think it got renamed to Probotector over here though!), Faxanadu, Zelda (duh), Mega-man series, Kirbys Dream Land (I friggin' loved that game, to date I must've completed it 100% about 123 times), BoulderDash, MircoMachines (this game was hardcore... i swear your car was slower than the CPU's).

I think we shouldn't forget classic DOS and Point and Click adventure games aswell. Monkey mother-fucking Island. Dangerous Dave. Sam and Max. SimCity. Broken Sword. Beneath a Steel Sky... grr... SCUMMVM here i come...
                  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Fuck you people. Not only is Alex Kidd the most awesome thing ever, StarTropics is also the most awesome thing ever! THINGS!

That's motherfucking right!

MARVEL AT IT.

This motherfucker was a BITCH.

This asshole too.

Fuck space blasters and machine guns... gimme a goddamn YO-YO!!

Comment

Originally posted by Volvox View Post
                      all SNES:
                      Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Terranigma, Illusion of Time (all awesome roleplay games)
                      This. Also, and obviously, Final Fantasy 2 & 3 (or 4 and 6 if you're picky).

In this game, you're a firefighter. You and your crew go around putting out fires. If it sounds lame, you should try it and find out just how wrong you are.

Oh, and I can't forget

its kind of like Flashback, or for a newer exapmle, the PS1 Oddworld games, but with the violence cranked up.

I also remember the True Lies game being kind of cool, even for a licensed game. And X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse by Capcom kicks the shit out of the Sega X-Men games.

Im sure i will think of more later. Oh, and Erik...i still have my SMS and all my games, but it is now the property of my daughter. I never had one as a kid, though. Actually, I'm not too sure anyone around here did. We sure did make fun of the Genesis kids though.

Now, who can make a list of must play Jaguar and 3D0 games?
                      http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

OK, ENOUGH FUCKING AROUND.

YEAH, BITCH. SEWER SHARK.

EAT UP, MOTHERFUCKER. I AM COMING FOR YOU.

LEFT, RIGHT, DOWN, LEFT, LEFT, UP, LEFT, DOWN, LE- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Baseball simulator 1000 for the original nintendo. I spent entire weekends in front of the tv. Barely even getting up for food.

Comment

dudes... have we completely forgotten about side scroll games?

Teenage mutant ninja turtles 1, 2 and 3. (nes)
                            Streets of rage 1, 2 (sega)
                            Final Fight (nes)
                            Double dragon 1, 2, and 3. (nes)
                            A boy and his blob (nes)

as for sports games it was obviously all about Mutant league football
                            but tecmo super bowl was pretty fantastic

All time favorite game tho, Mike tysons Punch Out for Nes.
                            Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Final Fight was for SNES. Although the superior version was the Sega CD version. All 3 characters, all the original levels, tranny surprise intact, and remixed "CD quality" music complete with digitized "Whoaaa" samples.

Final Fight 2 and 3 for the SNES are bad ass too.
                              http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Working...
                              X