Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Foxy Shazam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxy Shazam

So not only is this a thread sparking up discussion about the band stated above, but a review of the show i saw in SF at the Bottom of the Hill

First off i would just like to say that wild orchid children is a band that deserves a hell of a lot of attention. These guys blew my face off for the second time. They have this deep rock your face off groove that you dont want to stop listening to. And a stage presence by the singer and guitarist that just makes you wanna give them more money after the shows over.

Overall the show was good, it was the last show of the tour so i think everyone wanted to go out on a rockin note. The only bad thing about the show i would say is douchebags in the crowd (and what show dosent have one) and portugal the man had WAY too many instruments up on stage. But they made the best of it, i love watching them slam the same riffs for 4 minutes because they just rock the shit out of them. The setlist was good and they deffinitly closed the night out well.

But what i want to talk about is foxy shazam. Does anyone have a story about these guys? They are such a mystery and they are so odd but they rock out in a way ive never seen before. The singer was almost a standup comedian (almost annoying) and a opera singer in one. The keyboardist looked like serj tankians long lost son who was tap dancing all over his keyboards. The bassist looked like a Lead singer of The Cure wannabe and he was screaming his lungs out. It was soooo awesome. They totally suprised me. But a show with them and wild orchid children was alone worth the trip, and then portugal the man calmed everyone down and then rocked it hard. Wonderful show.
    Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

i've seen these guys twice now and have been listening to them for the past 5ish months.

they're great....they had one album out prior to introducing...but i don't think they're that into it anymore....as they aren't even attempting to sell it...just the new one.
    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
    you're pretty narcissistic
    enjoy that, nobody else does.
    Originally posted by Madklikor
    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

I just watched their video on youtube, along with a few live videos (which were pretty bizarre).

I like what I hear. They seem like a cross between Mr. Bungle and Billy Talent.

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear
        i've seen these guys twice now and have been listening to them for the past 5ish months.

they're great....they had one album out prior to introducing...but i don't think they're that into it anymore....as they aren't even attempting to sell it...just the new one.
        introducing? is that their debut?

why wouldnt they be as into it anymore? different sound?

Comment

no, introducing is their second album.

their first album still sounds like them...but....it's not as refined....introducing is a lot better
          Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
          you're pretty narcissistic
          enjoy that, nobody else does.
          Originally posted by Madklikor
          You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

thanks. I think im gonna have to make a trip to the record store.

i love it when a band opens for a band that i went to the concert to see, and while they are setting up im like... wow these guys look like they are going to be aweful. Then they play and they rock my face off. thats the best suprise.

Comment

Re: Foxy Shazam

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
              thanks. I think im gonna have to make a trip to the record store.

i love it when a band opens for a band that i went to the concert to see, and while they are setting up im like... wow these guys look like they are going to be aweful. Then they play and they rock my face off. thats the best suprise.
              I've never heard of Foxy until recently. I road tripped from Buffalo NY to Cleveland OH to see The Fall of Troy, The Dear Hunter, Foxy Shazam, and Tera Melos.

I listened to some of Foxy on their myspace, but their live act, as you said was surprising and fun. Highlights:

* Singer, Eric, starting the show by leaping far out into the crowd and surfed around

* Doing the strangest dances you'll ever see on stage in your life

* Ripping down the farthest left curtain and trying to climb the wall behind it. ( sure the venue was mad) similar video ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=tVQ12VEtd90&feature=related )

* Signing to the crowd for a cigarette, and then took 3, lit them at the same time, then ate them while lit . similar video ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=-ZmWzeyfS9I )

* The keyboardist standing on his chair, and bending down awkwardly to play.

I really enjoyed it and purchased their album. It's really growing on me.

If you just want to see the weirdness of the band, http://youtube.com/watch?v=R10YtRaXJ4I

P.s.The Fall of Troy kicked ass. Tim Ward left the band , Frank joining. He's big and black haha he's got a really sick scream.

Comment

Working...
              X