Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

St.Vincent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St.Vincent

I just got back a bit ago from seeing her band play..WOW..I think they topped the last show which was pretty memorable itself.

Annie Clark and her band are AWESOME! And they really do make their music "Live" as every number they performed was a totally different arrangement. She's noted as being a Crimson and Robert Fripp fan, and like KC, St.Vincent's music is taken to a totally different place live. It's jaw-dropping how she's able to switch to 3 different kinds of mic's midsong and keep her pedals in time and switching without getting off. She and their band just do so much to pull off the effects and tones in those songs  and arrangements of them live.

There was probably 300-400 people there tonight..many who had never heard her music before; I can be pretty sure they'll not forget tonight's show.

Got pics in the digicam anyway. She was more than enough eyecandy as well
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Hey MN, post the pics!!!  Does she use an array of sampling pedals?  Wondering who does this and it sounds like it's her...

My Skydrive:https://cid-efc3e98cdde49c31.skydriv....com/home.aspx

Comment

yeah..a whole assortment of them..and like I mentioned, the 3 mics. I'll try and upload them when I get home. I would recommend seeing her band play any chance you get.
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

St. Vincent is brilliant!!!!

Comment

sounds interesting, i'll check 'em out at coachella!
          Originally posted by kata rokkar
          Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

check em/her...hehe

allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN
              Those pants are a crime against nature.

Comment

Sounds rad!

Amanda Palmer of the Dresden Dolls (and a bunch of other performers in the background) covered Marry Me live, which was pretty cool:

Amanda Palmer performs "Marry Me" by St. Vincent (from the record "Marry Me")With Reggie Watts (beatboxing), and other featured friends and performers includ...
                @HayleyFiasco

Penguins in the Desert

Comment

Originally posted by Ours
                  Sounds rad!

Amanda Palmer of the Dresden Dolls (and a bunch of other performers in the background) covered Marry Me live, which was pretty cool:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9uPtt3lC590
                  Hey thanks...I would think Annie Clark has seen that. Amanda almost looks like the callgirl from The Dear Hunter with that cabaret outfit.
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Re: St.Vincent

her new album just leaked..(go_here) I'm listening to it right now..this is pretty sweet; possibly better than "Marry Me."..lot of fuzz-guitar and dreamy sections.
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Re: St.Vincent

i am just getting into her. discovered her when i was checking out new artists on the bonnaroo lineup. i hope i get to see her at the fest.

Comment

Working...
                      X