Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Some INSIGHT for you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some INSIGHT for you...

So......Ive been contemplating this for a few years now, and I finally caved in.  This is my band, Insight, and I wanted you guys to listen to us and give me your opinion.  

The reason Ive hesitated so much is two fold:
    1. some of you guys can be pretty harsh critics, but Ive came to this conclusion; screw it. youre either going to like it or not. big deal.
    2. My favorite bands are dredg, oceansize,  kaddisfly, mewithoutyou, etc.; not  your average mainstream bands.  I love this board so much, mainly because you guys are a window to such amazing non-mainstream music. That being said, we are a pretty straightforward rock band; not post rock, not ambient/experimental, not indie...just original(at least I think so) mainstream rock.

So anyways just check it  if you want. honest criticism and feedback appreciated.       www.myspace.com/insightdallas

oh yeah, by the way, these songs are 4 years old. we broke up about two years ago, and are just now starting to write and rehearse again.

That was a lot better than I expected

Comment

sounds good to me.

good luck with it
      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
      you're pretty narcissistic
      enjoy that, nobody else does.
      Originally posted by Madklikor
      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy
        That was a lot better than I expected
        I agree. I especially like your influences. I like every band listed there a lot, except for 36 Crazyfists(have never listened to them), and I don't like the direction The Used took after their first album.
        http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
        seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Just the fact that it sounds fairly professional, and you have a pretty good singer, puts you above 99% of the bands on myspace

Comment

this is really good man. i notice the 36 Crazyfists influence...which is awesome. keep us posted on any new stuff you guys do.

honestly, minus the used, your list of influences matches my usual rotation.
            http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

sounds good, man.  let us know when new the tunes are up!
              Originally posted by kata rokkar
              Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Sounds good for what it is, but with a vocalist that sounds like Brandon Boyd and Doug Robb combined you will have a hard time sounding unique.  Especially since a lot of bands that fall into that mainstream genre are losing steam.  If you enjoy the band, none of that should matter.... but still.

Comment

Cool, Cool. I appreciate you guys taking time to listen, and your comments.

Comment

Working...
                  X