Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Hills Like White Elephants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hills Like White Elephants

hills like white elephants's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

-----

This band from Edmonton released this debut disc "Himalaya" a few weeks ago and while they seem pretty underground, there is a lot to like about it. Great use of strings and horns. The vocals are somewhat minimalistic. Being that I'm a fan of bands like Anathallo, Broken Social Scene, and People For Audio, this is right up my ally. I'll probably be going back to this one quite a bit in the near future.

Anyone else know them?..thoughts?
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Hmmmmm..... well worth looking into. At least.... that what's I got out of my 15 seconds of listening to them.
    Originally posted by Gnomad
    Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
    Originally posted by noclevername
    stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

I really like this album a lot. The use of horns and strings work really well on it. Definitely one of the better debut discs I've heard this year already.
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

so a band named after a short Hemingway story about abortion?
        sigpic
        We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
        Originally posted by auto-de-fe
        happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Working...
        X