Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Idiot Pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot Pilot

Anyone hear of them? They remind me of muse with a kick.

Recommended Song : Red Museum

Idiot Pilot's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

they were mentioned in the latest AP issue..I am in the process of checking them out, a bit worried the vocals may kill it for me based on the myspace stuff, but I am unsure thus far.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Not a big fan of the screaming...

...but the vocals do sound like Muse.
      Originally posted by Ars Sycro
      I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

i tried listening to Strange We Should Meet Here and I stopped mid-way. I don't like bands that don't know what kind of sound they're going for. You need to have some sort of confidence in your bands overall sound in order to win over audiences. When you mix Radiohead with (gulp) Limp Bizkit; it's hard to take them seriously.

Comment

heh, have not thought of limp bizkit in a while, thanks.
          sigpic
          We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

i saw them open for team sleep a few years ago.  they reminded me of a computerized woven meets screamo.  their first album was very raw.  i think they were 17 and 18 when it was recorded.  i don't care much for the screaming, but it does work in a couple of their songs.  the singer can be either really annoying or fit very well with the music.  he seems to be hit and miss.  the guy that writes all the music and screams is pretty talented.  their new album is more mature, but too ballad-y for me.
            Originally posted by vsd
            ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Re: Idiot Pilot

I need to show my appreciation for Idiot Pilot's 2008 (in-store) album Wolves...one of my favorite albums of the year so far (top-5). Almost every song on it is a keeper. Favorites are Last Chance, Retina and the Sky, Red Museum

video for Retina and the Sky:
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

they sound like a mix of Muse (same as what you guys said) and Filter to my ears, some oh my god in there too. A definite reccomendation to everyone here, even if you didn't like the other album. I haven't heard that one actually, so if anyone can hook me up I'd appreciate it.

Comment

i saw them with Open Hand a couple of years ago. they were awesome live, but I couldn't really get into the album.
                http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre1982 View Post
                  A definite reccomendation to everyone here, even if you didn't like the other album. I haven't heard that one actually, so if anyone can hook me up I'd appreciate it.
                  try this
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar View Post
                    i tried listening to Strange We Should Meet Here and I stopped mid-way. I don't like bands that don't know what kind of sound they're going for.
                    Now that I've heard Strange We Should Meet Here I can understand why you'd say that. The album doesn't have anything like the focus or the songwriting that they've shown on Wolves. The new one is much better imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X