Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Fair To Midland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair To Midland

Either this band is one of the most overhyped bands on this board or I'm an idiot, or both.  

I listened to "Fables" today and couldn't really get past the first four tracks because I thought it was predictable and kind of aggravating.

But I know you all know what you're talking about when it comes to music and I realize that sometimes great bands put out records that even they don't like, and I've heard that this record lost some of it's luster in the switch to a corporate label.

So can someone win me over with this band?  Good live video, good track, something?

Originally posted by Gnomad
    I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

I think the album is fucking fantastic.  I liked it but didn't love it at first but after a few cycles I really love it.  I guess all I can say is listen to the whole album a few times.  Say When is one of my favorites.
    sigpic
    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

I like them a bit more, but I would say a good comparison would be Mute Math. When I was 1st exposed to MM, I really got into them; but then seeing them live was even more of a trip. Over time, the studio work is decent but not classic or anything, but those concerts I saw them still stand out. Fair To Midland are somewhat the same way. I dug the album a lot, but the concerts were even more memorable.

Also the fact 6 tracks were re-arranged probably didn't quite help the long lasting life of FABLES as much as had they written a full LP's worth of new material.
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Yea i've heard this album a few times, my buddy loves them. If they are on i'll listen to them, but I find his voice annoying at times. It almost puts me in an  uncomfortable feeling or something.

Comment

i liked them on record, loved them live.

go see them.  that's all i can give ya . . .
          Originally posted by kata rokkar
          Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

The screaming bit in the first track really bugs me for some reason.  It's like almost bad nu-metal but not quite.

Comment

yeah, that song irritates the piss out of me.

but the rest of it is good.

say when is brilliant.
              Originally posted by kata rokkar
              Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Originally posted by Dredg
                If they are on i'll listen to them, but I find his voice annoying at times. It almost puts me in an  uncomfortable feeling or something.
                I agree...
                Facebook / Twitter

Comment

Someone want to post Inter Funda Stifle here? I like Fables a lot, but that CD really makes you like them. It's rougher so you here more of what THEY sound like not what they sound like with plenty of producing. Once again it'll take a couple listens to get used to, but it's worth it.
                  Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
                  Originally posted by noclevername
                  stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

Originally posted by Starving Artist
                    Someone want to post Inter Funda Stifle here? I like Fables a lot, but that CD really makes you like them. It's rougher so you here more of what THEY sound like not what they sound like with plenty of producing. Once again it'll take a couple listens to get used to, but it's worth it.
                    Here you go, chap.

Comment

Erik to save the day! Enjoy all.

Comment

Originally posted by jsbedlam
                        yeah, that song irritates the piss out of me.

but the rest of it is good.

say when is brilliant.
                        Ok... so I've been listening to "Say When" nonstop since you recommended it.  This song is fucking awesome.  And the live videos of it really impress me; they sound fantastic.

Is there anything more from them that is this good?

I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                        do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

This band is from the Dallas area, and my band has played with them before.  Living here, Ive luckily gotten to see them come up, and truthfully Three, there good on cd, but its their live show that really drives it home.  Andrew(darroh) truly sings with power and confidence, not to mention accuracy, and the bands energy is intoxicating.

Comment

the wife the kids the white picket fence is another fav.  A Seafarer's Knot, walls of jherico, and tall tales taste like sour grapes.
                            sigpic
                            We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                            happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

I second that Buddy. As far as I'm concered all of Inter Funda Stifle is amazing.... I just don't remember all the song names cause It's been a while since I listened to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X