Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

What Makes Good Music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birds sing, so do whales.  Music is not solely the realm of humans.  Some people don't really give a shit about music, I have met a few.  It would be hard to quantify the most favorite song in the world and I imagine any given person's answer would change depending on time and mood.  Some music speaks to people while not others, it is all subjective.  Different music for different personalities, mindset, values, ect.
    sigpic
    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness
      it is all subjective.
      Originally posted by kata rokkar
      Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Different music for different personalities, mindset, values, ect.
        God, that's true.  My spouse and I have very different taste in music.  Well, I take that back. I like his music, but for the most part, he can't abide mine.

Take protest music. I love Consolidated and The Nightwatchman.  He's more "Fortunate Son." I love "Fortunate Son."  He puts in earplugs when I play Consolidated.

Comment

Birds sing, so do whales.  Music is not solely the realm of humans.  Some people don't really give a shit about music, I have met a few.  It would be hard to quantify the most favorite song in the world and I imagine any given person's answer would change depending on time and mood.  Some music speaks to people while not others, it is all subjective.  Different music for different personalities, mindset, values, ect.
          But do they sing for the same purposes?  Can music just be boiled down to communication?

And of course it's all subjective - but there must be one song that has been more loved, even with preferences changing over time and mood.  I know there has been one song that I have consistently liked -- even though my music preferences have changed, there has always been one song ranked in my top 5, if not my top 10.

And music wasn't always like the way it is - I wonder where it will go after this phase?  Could music possibly be completely personalized? I guess it all depends on the rest of society

Comment

Originally posted by Trathena
            He puts in earplugs when I play Consolidated.
            Shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by erikpemberton
              Shocking.
              Hey! You shut up! You just shut up!

Comment

Originally posted by cyrinic
                But do they sing for the same purposes?  Can music just be boiled down to communication?
                Yes it can, music is a form of communication.  If you feel something because of music, then music has conveyed information to you.  Animals sing to communicate, attract mates, warn others, ect.  Fundamentally they sing for many of the same reasons we do though our forms are more nuanced.
                sigpic
                We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Working...
                X