Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

2007 year end album review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 year end album review

here's mine:

anyone else?
    Originally posted by kata rokkar
    Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

mine's coming this weekend..I'll be sure to check that when I have time man, thanks.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

The first installment of my review is here. The list is:

50. Interpol - Our Love to Admire
      49. Mel Gibson and the Pants - Sea vs. Shining Sea
      48. Sylvan - Presets
      47. Film School - Hideout
      46. Ghost Brigade - Guided By Fire
      45. Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight
      44. Hopesfall - Magnetic North
      43. Red Fox Grey Fox - From the Land of Bears, Ice, and Rock
      42. God is an Astronaut
      41. Tiger Army - Music From Regions Beyond
      40. Damiera - M(Us)ic

The descriptions and comments and links are at http://mediumofmusic.wordpress.com/2...of-2007-50-41/

At the bottom is a mediafire link to a mix of songs from the artists mentioned so far. I'd reccomend that to anyone who is interested.

Comment

Shit man, your list always makes me feel so small.

I'm actually thinking of doing two lists... top 10 albums, top 10 songs (no artist repeats).  It would be a fun one to compile!
        Originally posted by Gnomad
        I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
        Originally posted by auto-de-fe
        do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

spectre, I love your list, always a great source of what I've missed out on

Comment

Excellent lists, both of you.
            http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
            seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

I'll be posting mine on or around Christmas day. I put up 5 out of 10 of my favorite concerts this year though.

This year was by far the best concert year I’ve ever had. I cannot remember the last time I saw so many great shows in one full year like this. Despite last year’s dredg concert and Glassjaw...

I am still yet to hear the new Wintersleep, 65daysofstatic, Aerogramme, and God is an Astronaut. The Red Fox Grey Fox record is badass though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                Shit man, your list always makes me feel so small.

I'm actually thinking of doing two lists... top 10 albums, top 10 songs (no artist repeats). It would be a fun one to compile!
                I've thought about doing that, but I'd be tempted to put a bunch of one band on. Or feel disappointed when I could only really decide on top 2 or 3. I know the #1 is "Red Hands" by The Dear Hunter. And if I can count re/national releases, "Where Have You Been?" by Manchester Orchestra is #2.

Added after 5 minutes:

jsbedlam: Nice list. Many of those will probably end up on my top 20 list.

Spectre: Great pick at #42. Definitely an underappreciated band.

Hopefully my list will be done shortly after the new year (I'm listening to all of my contending CDs on my drive from Kansas City to Atlanta and back, so I have about 24 hours of music listening to fill up).
                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

JSBedlam, without giving too much away, I'd say that we've got a lot of albums in common. I'm going to check out the ones that I hadn't heard.

Re: Damiera- I will say that I really started to respect their work a lot more after seeing them play live and talking to some of the guys (cool guys by the way).  

Comment

Here is my list:

Britney Spears - Blackout

Enough said.
                    sigpic
                    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

TOP 5 ARTISTS OF THE YEAR!

1. Dylan
                      2. Dylan
                      3. Dylan
                      4. Dylan
                      5. Dylan

I SPIT HOT FIRE!!!

Comment

Lots of bands dialed it in this year, lots of good 3-4 song EPs were released as albums.  I bought a lot of them, but those are going to be on other people's lists and not mine.  These are the albums worth owning and hearing repeatedly.  They're all over the place, so there should be something for everyone including something you've probably never heard of as well as shit you'll probably make a snide comment about.  But for what they are, these are solid discs.

The Birthday Massacre - Walking With Strangers
                        Broken Iris - The Eyes Of Tomorrow
                        The Dear Hunter - Act II: The Meaning Of, & All Things Regarding Ms. Leading
                        Deas Vail - All The Houses Look The Same
                        Fair To Midland - Fables From A Mayfly: What I Tell You Three Times Is True
                        Dave Gahan - Hourglass
                        Hard-Fi - Once Upon A Time In The West
                        Hurt - Vol. II
                        Innerpartysystem - The Download EP
                        Kaddisfly - Set Sail The Prairie
                        Karate High School - The League Of Tomorrow
                        Kenna - Make Sure They See My Face
                        KMFDM - Tohuvabohu
                        Korn - Untitled
                        Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight [Tour Edition] (it has "No Roads Left" - one of their best songs ever)
                        Ministry - The Last Sucker
                        Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
                        The Panic Division - Songs From The Glasshouse
                        The Receiving End Of Sirens - The Earth Sings Mi Fa Mi
                        Strata - Strata Presents The End Of The World
                        Serj Tankian - Elect The Dead
                        theSTART - Ciao Baby
                        Victory Pill - Victory Pill

Also worth mentioning are the final Depeche Mode remasters - get them if you're a fan, they're brilliant.

Support artists and stop buying single songs on iTunes, people.  It just encourages the industry to put out utter shit since they know nobody cares anyway.  Check these albums out and support the artists who approach their music like a work of art and not like a pack of ringtones.

Comment

You mentioned some albums that are very good that haven't gotten a lot of mention in certain places, like here for example: The Birthday Massacre and theSTART. Really liked both of those.

Comment

Welcome to (the Traversing) theSTART fan club...you're the 4th member (erik, kata and me)

Comment

Didn't the yea yeah yeahs put out an EP this year too? Didn't said EP kick ass? I think so
                              Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Comment

Working...
                              X