Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

2007 NFL Thread \ Guessing Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• divisonal playoffs!  best weekend in the nfl!!

my picks:

seattle over green bay in a close, well-played game.
    new york over dallas in a close, but ugly game.
    indianapolis over san diego in a good first half turning into a route.
    new england over jacksonville in a route from the start.
    Originally posted by vsd
    ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

• i haven't participated at all... but

GB by 6.
      NYG by 10.
      Indy by 13.
      Jax by 3.
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

• Holy Bad start for Green Bay...

...hopefully they make a game out of this...

Added after 7 minutes:

Oh and PLEASE let there be some Pack fans on this board...

...just wanted to point out that the Pack has the DUMBEST Touchdown Celebration song EVER!!! Bang the drum all day by Todd Rundgren?!?! Seriously?!?!

Added after 18 minutes:

Wow, the pack back in it. How about both teams putting up 14pts in the first quarter. What a game thus far...
        Originally posted by Ars Sycro
        I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

• I like the Packers, but I don't know if I would call myself a fan.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

• okay i'll admit my nfc picks were wishful thinking.  ;i was just hoping for one more playoff game at home for the seahawks.   dallas should be able to destroy the giants with a good blitz package.

Added after 44 seconds:

Originally posted by One Second Clubber
            Holy Bad start for Green Bay...

...hopefully they make a game out of this...
            they seem to have done the opposite.
            Originally posted by vsd

Comment

• Well, my score was just a wee bit off.

Comment

• Wow, that snow in Green Bay was unbelievable. It really did determine the outcome of this game. The running game was the MAJOR deciding factor. Seattle has never been able to run the ball this year and showed it again today. And Grant ate that Seattle D apart.

It was really unbelievable watching the momentum change that fast in that game.

Now lets see if the Jags can pull out the upset...

Comment

• yeah that's the only time the seattle defense has looked like that all year.  actually, they resembled that against the falcons, but that was the last game of the year, and c'mon it was against the falcons.  seahawks played a lot of bad offenses this year so that helped the stats a bit.  still though, this is a really good, young unit.  the snow, as you said played a big factor.  if marcus tubbs, can come back off of knee surgery, this will be a bona-fide run stuffing defense.  okay i know no one cares, but here are my hopes and dreams for the seahawks offseason:

1) Sign offensive guard Alan Faneca!! Pay him everything!!! Move Rob Sims to the right side and let him develop there. Ask Chris Gray to please retire.

2) GET MARCUS TUBBS HEALTHY!! A tandem of Brandon Mebane and Marcus Tubbs will not put forth a showing against the run like the one we saw in the snow today. Tubss will command double-teams which in turn will also free up guys like Patrick Kerney and Daryl Tapp to get pressure on the quarterback in EVERY game, not just some.

3) Give Marcus Trufant the Franchise Tag, and work for a long-term contract from there.

4) Draft a tight end. Aside from the stunted development of Chris Spencer and Rob Sims, no one has been a bigger disappointment than Marcus Pollard. The tight end is too important in this offense to put up with this kind of production.

5) Draft a running back. It is time, if not a little late to begin grooming a new guy to come in and take over. I don't think Shaun is done, and I'm confident he will prove that with health and better line play next year, but the fact remains that he is getting close.

6) Be wary of signing DJ Hackett. He might be the Seahawks best receiver, but he has been hurt in all four of the years he has been in the league. Missing ten games this year will keep him from getting the huge offers he would have gotten had he stayed healthy, but keep in mind that Ben Obamanu and Courtney Taylor are two very young WRs with a ton of promise.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY BEG MIKE HOLMGREN TO PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!!
                  Originally posted by vsd

Comment

• blech..when will Brett Favre retire..
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Nit
                      AND MOST IMPORTANTLY BEG MIKE HOLMGREN TO PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!!
                      I don't think that he'll leave... But then again, he's been talking about it for a few years now.

Comment

• he's definitely nearing the end of the line.   early in the year when the seahawks were struggling at 4-4 it was written all over everything that if he didn't have a heart attack before the end of the year he was going to retire.    hasselbeck kind of saved that from happening.  i think ideally he would like to take a year or two off and then take over the 49ers.  with san fran taking a step backwards this year (especially in the qb department), i'm not sure if mike has the patience to develop another QB.
                        Originally posted by vsd

Comment

• WOW!!! That SD\IND Game was awesome!!! I can't believe that the chargers won the game with an hurt Gates, and LT and Rivers got taken out...

Added after 3 hours 33 minutes:

Double WOW!!! That Giants\Boys game was even better. We were treated to two GREAT games today. Both games coming down the nitty-gritty.

I'm really excited to see what Eli can do in the Frozen Tundra next week. Should be another great game. And I'm pretty sure that the Chargers will get steam rolled by the Pats. I don't know if the Giants or the Pack can stop them either...

Comment

• temps in the single digits next week in green bay...

i'm really not expecting close games at all next week, but what do i know i've been wrong all year.
                            Originally posted by vsd

Comment

• Well, Green Bay doesn't have a huge advantage as far as weather goes considering the Giants are from New York. I'm curious to see what these spreads will look like...

Comment

• Sorry for being "President" of this thread if I gave off that impression. It's just the competitive devil in me. And for some reason, I like to equate that with dredg. How ironic :roll:

Added after 46 seconds:

Apparently, the Packers are gonna beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I'm a genius.

Comment

Working...
                                X