Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Karnivool (for Opus Dai, Apex Theory, Fair To Midland fans)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Karnivool (for Opus Dai, Apex Theory, Fair To Midland fans)

got my cdr burned..waiting until tomorrow morning at work. The new Scott Matthews also will happen tomorrow morning for the 1st time.
    ---
    new album is quite good. I really look forward to hearing it without the compression of these myspace uploads. The crash and splash cymbals have that horrible compression at those high-pitched tones that bugs the hell out of me.

That being said, this is really thick record. It's 72 minutes, the last 2 tracks being 10+ each. I'm not sure if it will go the way of say the new Archive album or perhaps even the new dredg album..or if it's length be it's biggest weakness.

Because on their own, each track is quite good..some even great. I suppose it's not entirely without repeated melodic sense or the tonality and writing approach being kind of similar on some tracks, but overall, I don't know if that'll hurt this as much as it being a bit of a project to get all the way through. I think depth-wise, it definitely surpasses Themata by a decent margin. But how addictive it becomes for me only time will tell.

Can the whole thing be taken-in as a larger concept? That for me, may make a difference..often when a record of this length and scale goes further for me. More people certainly are going to want to hear this, regardless.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Yep, I'm in absolute amazement. Great job Karnivool. This could be up there for record of the year, I believe this far surpases Themata, a clear and respectable progression from it.

I see what you mean about the length and the familiarity of some of the songs, but I think as we hear it more, the more things will separate.

Standout tracks so far: All I know and New Day. And not just standout for the album, but standout for music in general, imo.

Comment

1stproperleak
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Thanks! Downloading now.

Comment

Thanks!

Sendspace is a piece of crap from work, will have to wait until I get home. =(

Comment

On the 3rd track 'New Day' right now and am loving it. Sounding like this will live up to my expectations! Such a treat when that happens.

Comment

New Day is certainly a *highlight* track for me and most people's comments about it. The chorus stays with you.
                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Wow damn this album rules. LOVING it.

Comment

Anyone have a link to a better rip? this quality is killing me.

thanks!

Comment

try this altho here's a twitter I posted earlier today.

I want to hear "Sound Awake" on cd before playing it any more. Right now the new @Karnivool album is not seeming worth the $27 I paid for it.
                      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

...Love hate relationship?

Or is it the cymbals...

Comment

Thanks Soundscape.... but im getting...

The file you requested was removed for violating MediaFire's Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy

I'll hit you up on aim, unless you wanna do yousendit.com ( it always works)

Comment

tr-eye-heer_b4itgetspulledlol

Feeble, well yeah some of the production is still bothering me, but more of I guess I'm just a little frustrated with wanting it to be great, etc. Enjoying music shouldn't be about making yourself like it. I think I was so hung up on hearing those radio rips after really loving Set Fire to the Hive for weeks, that hearing this whole thing..especially how long it feels to me. It just doesn't really seem to be as good as I almost assumed it'd be.

So, I wonder if just taking a break and waiting to hear my 1st generation copy in a few weeks, that it'll allow me to hear it with *fresh ears* as they say.
                            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

That's too bad, Sound.

I love this album. A LOT.

The only band with a chance to beat this for AOTY for me is Rishloo.

Comment

I'm giving Rishloo the benefit of the doubt on being AOTY. Eidolon was just way too good.

Comment

Working...
                                X