Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Thief!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief!

Ok, so I just lost my bestest friend....ok, well, bestest friend that isn't a person or my wife. I lost my IPOD, and I really shouldn't be saying LOST, as I didn't really LOSE anything, it was stolen. It was stolen as I helped an old woman with the door. Yea, people are just that nice...no not me, the thief!

I was at the store on my way to work getting my coffee, and had my IPOD with me as it was in my pocket. An old woman in front of me had just paid for her stuff and turned to leave...I went up to the counter and took out my cash, in the same pocket as my IPOD, and out of the corner of my eye I see her not able to open the door with her bag, so I set my IPOD down on the counter and have the cash in my hand, turn and help her open the door.....

I turn back around and my IPOD is gone...yes, that is correct, gone...now, can you really tell me the cashier nor the few people off to the side SAW NOTHING....I find this impossible. I swear it was a scam or something....but how would they know I had an IPOD in the first place....grrr...

I got the police involved but they basically told me there was nothing they could do....so here I am, IPODless...ticked off....and broke. I lost the only thing that allows me to keep my sanity while wondering the house with the kids, fixing the lawn, inbetween classes, and the other parts of my day that I JUST don't know what to do about now....this just sucks...

Sorry to burden you all with a long post, but I just don't know what to do...it's annoying! I suppose I'll have to get over it...

Thanks for reading my rant!
    - Jon

----------------------------------------
    Originally posted by gderd
    dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music

Re: Thief!

Originally posted by ReDMoSqUi
    Ok, so I just lost my bestest friend....ok, well, bestest friend that isn't a person or my wife. I lost my IPOD, and I really shouldn't be saying LOST, as I didn't really LOSE anything, it was stolen.
    Could be worse. My girlfriend just had her car stolen from in front of her house in broad daylight and they stripped and totaled it. The cops found the guy because he did a hit and run trying to escape a security guard that was suspicious of him, but apparently the hit and run was a distraction so that his 2 friends who had jumped out of the car could escape. Everything that was in the car is gone, too... some pictures, blankets, firewood, a basketball... all kinds of shit that was either sentimental or not worth much. We figure they dumped it wherever they went to strip out the speakers and other shit. The passenger side door panel is completely gone, just missing. Fucking crazy. She took pics, I might post them later.

Comment

oh, i'm sure there are worse things, like you mentioned above....but this, this was just amazing to me.....
      - Jon

dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music

Comment

Man, that sucks. I had the same thing happen with my mp3 player. Just put it down, turned around, and back again to find it gone. In a split second. How do people think like that and put themselves up to it in such a short amount of time?

is it insured in anyway? like home insurance? you might be able to claim if you make up some story... preferably something to do which involves the house! Not entirely sure they cover stolen stuff from public places.
        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

A few weeks ago a guy I work with went to a bar to have some drinks. After he was done drinking or whatever he went back to the parking lot to find his car stolen. The kicker is that the county cops were right across the street and watched the whole thing. They said that they weren't able to leave their post because they were working a county job, not a city job. So the cops told him that his car was stolen AND that they already wrote up a report for him...

...what a kick in the dick that is...
          Originally posted by Ars Sycro
          I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

My Ipod and digital camera was stolen from the dorms my freshman year, I guess it all happened in the same night. I ended up having to buy a new Ipod, can't live without that haha, never did get a new camera. It was one of the worst days ever.
            DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

my left rear hub cap was stolen off my 2004 nissan sentra. Just that one.
              This was about 3 days ago. The funny thing was that I wasn't that pissed, just dumbfounded and weirded out. This is the second time my car was robbed at my apartment complex, so I'm definitely moving.

Comment

people suck....

sad part is, i dont have the $$ to replace it

bleh to assholes
                - Jon

Comment

Originally posted by ReDMoSqUi
                  people suck....

sad part is, i dont have the $$ to replace it

bleh to assholes
                  I think it sucks that you were trying to be nice, but you get shit in return. What the hell is wrong with people??

My brothers car window was smashed in recently but my neighbor saw them and told us...the cops got them in 2 minutes and we are now pressing charges...turns out they were already on probaiton so they even more screwed.

Comment

Working...
                  X