Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

For those who vote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly.  Anyone with a political opinion such as a magazine is by definition opinionated, and therefore, their opinion is false or null.

PS - On Giuliani, by the way, there are lots of well written articles on his bizarre positions as well as his particular governing philosophies.  Check these out:

As someone who lived through Sept. 11 in New York City, I will always be grateful to Rudy Giuliani. The mayor's quick instincts and sound judgment...

My favorite excerpt from the second article:

Fair enough, and coming out of the '80s, no doubt the Big Apple deserved a series of stern lectures on public decorum. But by his second term, Giuliani had evolved from a reasoned municipal savior into a demented scold. It wasn't in spite of, but because of Broken Windows, which—once the squeegee men had all been retired—required ever more outlandish "causes" to feed a waning public spite. "Streets do not exist in civilized cities for the purpose of people sleeping there," Giuliani says in term two, as he attempts to bulldoze Manhattan clear of the homeless, adding: "Bedrooms are for sleeping." (Yes, but … one still sputters in disbelief at this logic.) In his losing battle with the Brooklyn Museum, in which he tried to de-fund the institution for displaying art he found distasteful, he announced, "Civilization has been about trying to find the right place to put excrement, and it is not on the walls of museums."
    Profound.
    Originally posted by Gnomad
    I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

I am just so tired of the false macho act towards national security.  Remember what Teddy used to say, speak softly and carry a big stick?  A lot of these candidates on both sides of the isle could learn a thing or two about how to tackle threats competently instead of blustering up a false bravado.
      sigpic
      We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
      happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness
        Remember what Teddy used to say, speak softly and carry a big stick?
        Well, even though that is an awesome qoute, there's no WAY anybody can believe that in the reference of politics...

...Bush is carrying around the biggest stick in the world right now and he's getting a lot of opposition about it...

In the political world it's very much the opposite from "speak softly and carry a big stick?". It's more like "Threaten bad guys if my rules are broken and don't do anything about it if they are."
        Originally posted by Ars Sycro
        I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber
          Originally posted by BuddyGoodness
          Remember what Teddy used to say, speak softly and carry a big stick?
          Well, even though that is an awesome qoute, there's no WAY anybody can believe that in the reference of politics...

...Bush is carrying around the biggest stick in the world right now and he's getting a lot of opposition about it...

In the political world it's very much the opposite from "speak softly and carry a big stick?". It's more like "Threaten bad guys if my rules are broken and don't do anything about it if they are."

Well that is how it used to be, now it is a matter of puffing out your chest and strutting like a peacock.  That has been a policy of this administration to frame the debate in a way as to paint the opposition as being unpatriotic  if they speak out in any way.  It doesn't matter if it as all a elaborate show or not many people have been reduced to accepting rhetoric at face value instead of calling for action instead of mere words. Instead we have candidates trying to one up each other in acting tough on terrorism regardless of any information that logically contradicts the idea that brute force might not be the best solution.  I am not saying it isn't but so far it seems to be failing pretty dismally.  It kinda reminds me of fights back in grade school where two people would stand and face each other and hurl insults and taunts at each other trying to get on to make the first move until they both realized the other wasn't going to act and then both just walk off.
          sigpic
          We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.

Comment

Did anyone catch the debate Sunday night?  I was very impressed with Clinton... more so than Obama, actually.  And Biden did a fantastic job as well.  Any of those three would make fantastic candidates in my opinion, and I was similarly happy that most of the debate they all showed a unified front together.  I'm not sure if I've ever heard so many compliments in any primary.

View 2020 primary and caucus results, interactive maps, poll information and candidate fundraising totals in each state and US territory.

CNN has made the entire debate viewable in its unedited form as a move to improve voter education and hold the candidates accountable for their statements throughout the process.  Cool beans.

The Republican debate is tonight.  Can't wait for that.

EDIT: After watching the Republican debate, I am now completely positive that only a Democratic candidate can set this country straight.  I've never seen so much prejudice and ignorance concentrated on one stage in my life.
            Originally posted by Gnomad
            I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
            do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

They are just pandering to their bases.  I like the part where the lighting was messing with Rudy's mic while he tried to explain why he was pro-choice.
              sigpic

Comment

Actually, what I got from the Republican debate what that they were at least honest... the Democrats just looked like a bunch of self-promoting promise-makers. All the candidates suck... but at least the Republicans are aware that they suck.

Comment

they all suck.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X