Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

tomahawk - anonymous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kata rokkar
    Originally posted by Ooga
    It's so trendy to be a Patton fan.

It's so trendy to be a Patton hater.
    How is that true? Me and Ooga are the only Patton haters I know. EVERYONE loves Patton.  :roll:

Comment

i don't care for patton.  i won't say he doesn't have talent....but he hasn't done a single thing i'm interested in
      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
      you're pretty narcissistic
      enjoy that, nobody else does.
      Originally posted by Madklikor
      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

It's so trendy to be contrary.

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear
          i don't care for patton.  i won't say he doesn't have talent....but he hasn't done a single thing i'm interested in
          yeah i'm genarally just disinterested in everything he does, but i think this record's fucking cool.  not the most brilliant thing i've ever heard, but i dig it.
          Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad
            How is that true? Me and Ooga are the only Patton haters I know. EVERYONE loves Patton.  :roll:
            Then you don't get out enough

Comment

can someone please tell me how this makes him insane?  Insane for releasing this load of crap?  

Comment

never been a fan of patton's stuff, last cup of sorrow is the only thing I have ever really liked.
                sigpic
                We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by erikpemberton
                  It's so trendy to be contrary.
                  There. Truth in its purest form.

Comment

The best thing that Patton has done is the EP with Dillinger, Irony is a Dead Scene--which is nothing short of amazing.  All of the vocals are where they should be and nothing is overdone or random on it.  So I guess I really just dislike the shit he does with overblown effects and misdirection.

One thing I've always noticed is that the Patton idolizers have never fully explained why they rate him so highly.  "Patton rules!" sums it up, yeah?  I don't think so.  Most of his post-FNM days have been spent creating pointless noise over good music--excluding Irony is a Dead Scene.  Perhaps the bands behind him are the ones that truly rule.

Having said that, I still believe he is overrated...

By far.

Comment

i'm not Patton FaNaTiC...but I do love the Dillinger Escape Plan EP, Peeping Tom, and Mr. Bungle. Also his work with Bjork was great.

He's nothing special, but he's still talented.

Comment

hmm, I really enjoy a lot of his stuff, but maybe not necessarily on an amazing singer level. I more just appreciate the fact the he makes a concious effort to progress musically no matter what particular avenue or outlet he's working through. As far as being an amazing singer or necessarily an amazing musician, both of those are definitely up for debate. But as an innovator he's been tireless. And that I do appreciate as he's influenced and instilled that driving desire for innovation on many up and coming and established bands.

and on a side note, every single solitary fucking thing in this world except fucking rhinos in the ass is trendy, if it isn't now, it was or will be ass raped by consumerist America, at least until our pitiful country goes out of existence. just do what you do and be happy and enjoy life, fuck trends, fuck what people know, fuck what people think. BTW. I am also painfully aware that hating everything is trendy as well. And in no way am I claiming to be above or beyond trends, just saying that in general we really shouldn't care.

Comment

Working...
                        X