Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Smashing Pumpkin Tour Dates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smashing Pumpkin Tour Dates...

Don't know if any of you have seen this or not...

...interested to see what happens with this. And some of these dates aren't too far out...

Added after 33 minutes:

And I just read somewhere that James Iha and D'arcy Wretzky will not be rejoining the band...

...yeah, so that basically ruined it for me. Just another Billy Corgan solo attempt.
    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
    I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Oh joy.  
    sigpic
    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Isn't it still pretty much a Smashing Pumpkins reunion? Doesn't that technically happen anytime Corgan picks up a guitar or plays the drums or twangs his bass or whatever the hell he does musically?

Comment

seriously, i hate that guy.
        Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

I came close to buying a Reading Festival Sunday ticket, just to see Pumkins, but found out it's just Billy and a cover band. So i'll give it a pass.
          (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Well, Billy really IS the pumpkins. So it's really not that big of a deal, but then again I don't think I'll be the same...

DAMN IT!!!

The Pumpkins kicked so much ass back in the day...

Comment

I heard chamberlin was playing drums....is that true?
              www.sansseraph.com
              www.myspace.com/sansseraph

Comment

Probably. Chamberlin and Billy never really "broke up". Didn't Chamberlin do the drums on Billy's last solo effort?

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber
                  The Pumpkins kicked so much ass back in the day...
                  and the day you are referring to is...........?  I must admit I am curious about this magical "day" where the pumpkins were actually good.
                  sigpic
                  We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                  happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

I enjoy the Pumpkins alot, though mostly only for nostalgia.

Chamberlain is a fabulous drummer, but most of the Pumpkin's stuff is too straightforward for his talents. His work with Fiona Apple is great thought.  And yes, he was the drummer for Zwan as well.

What is odd to me is why this is even labelled the Smashing Pumpkins.  It could just as easily be named Zwan.  A couple years ago when Billy Corgan posted his message about "wanting his band back," I didn't really think that it would end up being just the name and the back catalog.  
                    Originally posted by Gnomad
                    I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                    do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

I think the reason he wants the name back, is because he wants to go back to making the music he did back then.. Whenever you put out music with a different name, people are going to expect that it's different

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                        I think the reason he wants the name back, is because he wants to go back to making the music he did back then.. Whenever you put out music with a different name, people are going to expect that it's different
                        or he misses the sales
                        Originally posted by kata rokkar
                        Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking it's more of a money issue rather than a popularity issue...

Anything with the Pumpkins name on it is going to bring in a shit ton of guaranteed $$$. Anything labeled Billy Corgan, not so much so...

Comment

That too, yes. But I still think that what I said has a part in it..

Comment

C'mon guys, that's simply untrue. Billy Corgan IS the Smashing Pumpkins. The two names are synonymous. His sales dwindled because his music did. I guarantee you that if Zwan's or his other albums had been released under the Smashing Pumpkins name, they would still not sell.

Added after 8 minutes:

Corey Brewer and two pals chose a chance to repeat as NCAA champs over the NBA. Brewer's call was toughest due to issues at home.

PS - Read this story.  They won't come back -  they shouldn't.  They've served their time, now they should go take care of themselves and their families.

And it shows how honestly good the people on this team are.  I have a funny story - kinda weird, but funny.

My fiance and I went down to Publix one day to get some groceries and while we were there, Noah walks up tto the Customer Service area and asks about receiving Western Union money from New York.  Of course, he's a local celebrity, so everyone was shaking his hand and thanking him for his talents, and Nicole was starstruck as well.  I see him every day on campus, though, so I knew he wasn't a weird guy or anything.  Nicole was really pregnant at the time, so I went up to him and told him that I had a weird favor to ask of him.  I told him to rub her belly so that my son would get a little bit of Noah's talent in his blood.  He laughed and said "Hell yeah man!" and did it right there.  It was hilarious.

Good times.
                              Originally posted by Gnomad
                              I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                              do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Working...
                              X