Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Codeseven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codeseven

Wow, pretty amazing that there is no thread for Codeseven, one of the best bands of this decade, not to mention a former touring partner of dredg. I was feeling nostalgic and wrote a little piece focusing on some great early 00's bands that are no more, and I had to make Codeseven the feature. Check the article out, and check the band out if you haven't heard them, because they're amazing.

didn't know they disbanded.
    Originally posted by vsd
    ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit
      didn't know they disbanded.
      :shock:
      really??  it's been discussed here many a time . . .

pay attention dammit!!   
      Originally posted by kata rokkar
      Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Re: Codeseven

Originally posted by Spectre1982
        Wow, pretty amazing that there is no thread for Codeseven...
        not that amazing since they aren't currently doing anything.

it's more amazing that there is now a thread about codeseven, in that they aren't currently doing anything....and thus, there really isn't anything new to talk about.
        Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
        you're pretty narcissistic
        enjoy that, nobody else does.
        Originally posted by Madklikor
        You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

I have hopes that they'll eventually do something....at least I think there is a possibility from what I have heard. Aren't they all just kind of doing their own things now?
          DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Yes, they are. They've never come out and said that they will never get back together, so I am hopefull.

not that amazing since they aren't currently doing anything.

it's more amazing that there is now a thread about codeseven, in that they aren't currently doing anything....and thus, there really isn't anything new to talk about.
            I wasn't suprised that there wasn't any recent talk of Codeseven...but that there was aboslutely none at all! Several years ago on an older incarnation of this board there were basically three bands that people talked about more than any others...Codeseven, Kaddisfly, and dredg.

Comment

see, now this is a reason to start a codeseven thread...

Originally posted by codeseven myspace
              It's been more than a year and a half since Codeseven played thier last show, ending abruptly in Rhode Island, while promoting the last album Dancing Echoes/Dead Sounds (2004). Well, after taking a good amount of time off, i'm pleased to announce that we have decided to start a new band together! Please note two things however!

First, this is not a Codeseven reunion. We are very happy where it ended musically and want to keep Codeseven on that same path, if and when we decide to get it back together. Right now the plan is to explore new ideas, possibly something a bit more upbeat.

Secondly, we are now seeking a vocalist/frontman and have already begun writing new material (which you can hear above, a short demo clip of a song in the works). We've decided to create this premature myspace page to allow any interested vocalists a way to contact us much easier. Again, we've decided to leave this open to anyone that wants to try out.

We are very excited to see what comes of this and who, if anybody, would even want to be part of this project. Please consider the following before emailing us:

1. Age (would prefer 21 or up but not required, if your over 60 consider yourself hired!)
              2. Location (we live in Winston-Salem, NC and thats where you would have to spend alot of your time. Obviously, anywhere close to that like Charlotte, Chapel Hill, etc, not a huge problem. If your from anywhere else, a possible relocation may be required, at least for the writing process but we're pretty flexable here. If your that good, we'll figure something out!)
              3. Finally, there is nothing particular that we're looking for. I don't even want to suggest a style. We just want to hear your own unique voice and ideas. Whatever is comfortable for you is what we want to hear. If you are not familiar with Codeseven then you can go to www.myspace.com/codeseven to get an idea of what we have done in the past together.

*** Interested In Trying Out! Please Follow The Instructions Below ***
              Send a message to this myspace account (www.myspace.com/therescuedivision) and not the Codeseven account. We get so much junk mail that it would be terribly hard to find and keep up with. Obviously you will need a myspace account to message us. If you don't have one, its free to signup and will again make things alot easier for us. In the message please include a link for us to stream some of your music that you have vocals recorded on. Please do not send files or links for us to download. You can upload your files to Myspace, Purevolume, or a host of others that do the same thing all for free. Thanks for your interest and we can't wait to hear from you!
              Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
              you're pretty narcissistic
              enjoy that, nobody else does.
              Originally posted by Madklikor
              You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

i love this band. both later albums were fantastic and had no dull moment whatsoever. the ones before are a different story...
                they actually played on Howard Stern a few yrs ago when they were heavier.

funny story; i had to sit through mother fucking hawthorne heights to watch a half hour set from codeseven, BUT i got hear them play The Rescue...so it was worth it I guess. Wow that tour had some shitty bands.

now bands like paulson and kaddisfly are being stuck with more tours like this. why is the music industry trying to get rid of certain bands by shoving them into crappy tours with bands that sound nothing like them?

Comment

I'm so psyched for the new band.  I was so upset when they broke up because I never got a chance to see them live.  Rescue is such a good, solid album.
                  spin round carousel when your horse isnt screwed in
                  - myspace | last.fm | myfunk -

Comment

Chorus.fm is a curated music destination for those looking for something outside of the mainstream. News, reviews, forums, articles, and commentary. Founded by Jason Tate.

Codeseven are coming back to play their first show in over a year with He Is Legend in Raleigh, NC on September 1st.

Comment

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=257340

Codeseven are coming back to play their first show in over a year with He Is Legend in Raleigh, NC on September 1st.
                      i almost pooed when i read that . . . but even though it's not actually codeseven, it's still the same band with a different singer right?

i'm definitely excited to hear the new tunes . . . codeseven was a phenomenal band . . .
                      Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

If only Jenkins would get on board...

Comment

anyone have this song?

Codeseven - Suggestive Humans (Rare Track)

if so, upload?

Comment

i would love to hear that track again too
                            www.facebook.com/bowinero

Comment

anyone have this song?

Codeseven - Suggestive Humans (Rare Track)

if so, upload?
                              i have that somewhere, and some live versions of it as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X