Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

NFL Playoffs\Super Bowl Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zah
    And how about not just focusing on how Grossman needs to "straighten his shit out?" That would be neat.
    I don't think it's going to come down to Grossman. It's going to come down to the Bears Secondary. They allow some BIG plays, like Reggie Bush's TD in the NFC Champ game. And if you're playing the Colts you CAN'T let them get big plays and put too many points on the board too early...

They are one team you REALLY don't want to get into a gun fight with...
    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
    I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Don't feel like going back and forth with this, so I won't. Ha. I agree with OSC about the 2ndary, though.

Bottom line: Regardless of what anybody says, the Bears have made it to the Superbowl: "bad" quarterback or not, winning games over "bad" teams or not. And if EVERYBODY on the team can step up his game? Well, I think we've got a pretty good shot at a win.

And if we get our asses handed to us? At least we made this far.

Comment

Amy, my, ny

I love your effort..  bu ZI think the asses bit si too much for my ears.  Why are you talking bout assholes when ou should be talking about making my dinner?  Fwhat jthewao fuck... ?

I'll popr ze blister on your face..  I don't likeit

Comment

Ok, the day has come...

SUPER BOWL!!!!

Good luck Chicago, and may the better (Chicago Bears) team win...

Comment

Oh, man..  I can't wait.

This could prove to be one of the best Super Bowls of my time (excluding the many Cowboys and Patriots SB's, though I hate the Patriots).

Comment

What's gonna be so great about it? I'm thinking Chicago's offense isn't gonna score a TD.

Added after 1 hours 19 minutes:

Having just seen it with my own eyes, I will admit that I was wrong and Chicago scored an offensive TD. Hester also had one, which I figured he would.
              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Yeah, well Thanks Rex for throwing the Super Bowl away...

...If he wouldn't have thrown an INT to an Indy TD AND the 60 yard bomb under thrown INT to Berrian, we would have won...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate the colts and Payton Manning for life now...

I've stood behind Rex all year but enough is enough for me... What a HORRIBLE time for the bad Rex to come out. If Chicago had a consistently decent quarterback, they'd almost be unstoppable...

Well, I'm DEFINITELY getting wasted tonight...

Bye-Bye

Comment

I'm not even gonna bother saying anything 'cause I'll be in the minority.

Congratulations, Colts.

Comment

Right before that INT for the TD, I was thinking it'd be a total shame if Chicago scored a TD and won the game, because Indy definitely dominated the Bears in this one. They wore out the defense (though they did a good job of holding tough) and prevented the offense from making big plays (other than the kickoff and that one run before the TD).
                    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I was pissed throughout the 1st quarter because Chicago was dominating the Colts.  Somehow, the Bears lost sight of their goal and slowly became worse and worse up until the last few minutes of the 4th quarter.  I mostly agreed with the commentators - Chicago should have ran more.  Thomas Jones was blazing in this game.  In fact, Thomas Jones was the only player that stood out on the entire offensive side of Chicago.

Anyway, it wasn't as good as I had hoped...  but it was worth watching.  I am glad the Colts finally got a championship under their belt (or however it goes), but either way, as I've stated to many friends, I would have been happy for the Bears as well because I like both teams.

Lovie Smith is a very honest man and believes in people, but he should seriously consider getting a new quarterback.  Rex Grossman obviously is not what the Bears need.  I hate to keep ranting about Grossman, but c'mon...   he is the reason they lost this game.  He is the reason they lost several games throughout the season.

Better luck next year, Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Ooga
                        I mostly agreed with the commentators - Chicago should have ran more.
                        Wow, I think that is very incorrect... I feel that they shouldn't have relied on the run so much... Yes, I talked trash on Rex right after the game BUT I feel they lost the game relying to much on the rush, especially after Benson got injured. All season they've delivered the 1-2 punch on the running game with Jones and Benson. With Benson out, Jones was forced to do more work and therefore less productive...

...Grossman was 20 for 28, 165 yards, a TD with a 71.5 Passer Rating... He just chose bad... VERY bad times to throw INT's. When Chicago was running the no huddle hurry up offense, they converted more first downs in two minuets then they did the entire rest of the game...

It was obviously Lovie Smith's game plan to run the ball as much as possible and to keep the ball out of Rex's hands as much as he could... And unfortunately he was wrong. Rex was actually doing a good job (minus the two big 4th quarter INT's). For really the first time this season, Rex was converting important short 3rd downs... And he actually converted a big 4th and 9 to Desmond Clark with 5 something left on the clock but Clark took a solid hit and dropped the ball...

...overall I think that Chicago SHOULD have won that game and shouldn't have relied on the rush as much, ESPECIALLY with Benson injured.

The hardest pill for me to swallow is the fact that MY Bears put 14 points on the board within the first ten minuets of the game and were only able to put up 3 more the entire game afterwards... After the 1st quarter I was certain that this was going to be another run away Super Bowl game in the Bears favor. Obviously I was wrong....

Hopefully the Bears don't mess this off season up by not signing Lovie Smith and Franchiseing some of our BIG players. If I see Devin Hester goto any other team in the league, I will be amazingly pissed...

Overall, Good season. I had a great time watching the NFL all year and I can't wait for redemption next year...

...Trust me, having to live with this loss all year is going to suck. I can't wait for Chicago's next season victory...

GO BEARS!!!

Added after 1 hours 2 minutes:

Originally posted by One Second Clubber
                        I don't think it's going to come down to Grossman. It's going to come down to the Bears Secondary. They allow some BIG plays, like Reggie Bush's TD in the NFC Champ game. And if you're playing the Colts you CAN'T let them get big plays and put too many points on the board too early...

They are one team you REALLY don't want to get into a gun fight with...
                        I'll eat my words on that one... boy was I ever wrong...

Good thing my Bottle still loves me...

Added after bottles of liquid happiness:

I'm wasted...

...fuck...

...still can't believe it.. Well, I did take all this upcoming week off  previously so, drink up...

Comment

I knew Grossman would blow it for the bears. That's what happens when you put too much faith in a shitty quarterback. Like I've said before, the only reason Grossman was at the Superbowl was because he was wearing a Bears jersey.

Comment

as a Packer fan, i can say i'm more than happy the Bears lost...
                            i'm also happy they didn't cover the spread, as i'm richer because of it. :P

Comment

damnitt..

although some may disagree with me.. i'd have to blame Grossman for this. Well actually Lovie.. he should of taken him out and switched for Griese. Keeping the same QB all game is a sure lose. At a press conf. lovie said "Grossman is our Quarter Back and its gonna stay that way." sooo basically he didnt switch him because of a pride issue. he needed to drop this power trip and face the facts that grossman was losing it and it was time to switch him.

god.damnit.
                              this is your life and its ending one minute at a time.

http://www.myspace.com/lindseykay07

Comment

Working...
                              X