Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Genesis Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genesis Reunion

Dunno how many folks here are fans, but the fact they are actually in fact going to tour in any capacity is hard to believe.

Myself, I love the Peter Gabriel stuff especially. And even with Phil Collins singing they have a lot of material I enjoy..especially when Steve Hackett was still with them and the 1st two 'Trio" albums.

That being said, the 'Trio" are doing this tour..and some thought is Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett could join up around a year from now when Gabriel's schedule allows (supposedly..the I/O album could finally come out..one of the reasons he declined on the reunion for now)

Their tour is supposed to come to the US next year sometime. If I find an (affordable) way to go, I'll definitely be seeing them. Anyone else?
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

I myself have been picking up some of their older albums and really digging them a lot.  I'm considering going depending on how much tix are.  I would love to see them play "back in nyc."  I heard this song 1st by Jeff Buckley and loved it.  Then I heard Trail of Dead's version and it floored me.  The original version is amazing.  If I do see them, I hope they play the song...

My Skydrive:https://cid-efc3e98cdde49c31.skydriv....com/home.aspx

Comment

How could I miss this. NOT seeing Genesis is like passing up an opportunity to see Zeppelin, Rush or The Who.
      Ora che ho perso la vista, ci vedo di piu

Comment

Originally posted by darshun
        I myself have been picking up some of their older albums and really digging them a lot.  I'm considering going depending on how much tix are.  I would love to see them play "back in nyc."  I heard this song 1st by Jeff Buckley and loved it.  Then I heard Trail of Dead's version and it floored me.  The original version is amazing.  If I do see them, I hope they play the song...
        I have never heard Trail Of Dead's cover..but if you have not heard Kevin Gilbert's version of BACK IN NYC..you definitely should. Let me know, I could upload it.
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I would only go if Peter Gabriel was fronting.  I did like Phil Collins-era Genesis, though......when I was 10.
          I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
          I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
          A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
          To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

supposedly the tour is coming to St.Paul. I won't be paying much to see it, but I'll hang around the venue and try and get in for cheap/free which frequently works for me.
            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

pass.
              sigpic
              We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

I used to like Genesis when I was like 8 or whatever... So whatever music I liked back then compared to now really doesn't count...

...but I watched the Peter Gabriel "Still Growing Up Live & Unwrapped" DVD last year and thought it was fucking amazing... That man is a musical genius in my eyes...

...if it was affordable and was anything like the Peter Gabriel show that I saw (on DVD) there really would be no way I could pass it up...
                Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Just a heads up as I saw this over on progressiveears

Tonight - Monday, May 21 - VH1 Classic is showing "Genesis: A History" at 7:00 pm. It is on from 7:00pm - 9:00 pm (EDT). Followed by the VH1 program Classic In Concert - "Genesis: Live 1976" which airs at 9:00pm - 10:00pm.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is also repeated at various times throughout the week, check your TV listings.

VH1 Classic is also showing a program called "Rock Honors Blocks" featuring videos of all the bands to be included in Thursday night's Rock Honors Special, which as we all know of course, Genesis is one of those artists so one would assume their video(s) would be included in that Rock Block Video program.

allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                  X