Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Brazil (band from Indiana)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazil (band from Indiana)

brazil's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Anyone know this band?..I read about them having a new album coming out on Tuesday 10/3 called "The Philosphy of Velocity" on the Kaddisfly fans forum. Really was impressed by the stuff I heard on myspace, I have proceeded to checkout their new one and their full length debut from 2004 "A Hostage and the Meaning of Life"

They remind me of The Receiving End Of Sirens at times..and also Coheed and Cambria as well in the hooks and layering they use.

really digging the track METROPOL and a few others off their full length debut.

Kyle
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

you lost me at the comparison to coheed.
    sigpic
    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

the new cd is absolutely awful, absolutely no upside to it from what I was able to tolerate listening too, the last cd was decent, but past track 6 or 7 everything stars to sound the same. the daesin ep had a couple decent songs, a good band that is somehow at some status level despite not touring and an extended hiatus when they're music style is thriving. comparisons to coheed are understandable, but I would say are more along the lines of The Mars Volta and Vendetta Red, the most credit I give this band is that they are from Muncie, Indiana, and if you've ever been there then you know why I give them a little bit of credit despite being a largely average band.

Comment

really? I actually think the latter part of their album is the best part. The last 4 or 5 songs are the biggest highligts to me.

The new one, it may be the mp3's I got being ripped at too hot a bitrate, but for some reason the symbols clip horribly. Otherwise..I dunno if it's as strong as their 1st, but it's still got some good stuff.

Kyle
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I just discovered their first album a few months ago.  I like it when the singer doesn't remind me of the new wave of emo bands that are around these days.  Some of the music is cool.

Comment

Well, Brazil is an emo band.... so maybe that's why the singer reminds you of them....
            Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
            Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Working...
            X