Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

CD Releases (September 26, 2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Releases (September 26, 2006)

So what CDs being released this week are you excited for?

I'm gonna be out picking up/searching for 3.

mewithoutYou - "Brother, Sister"
    Lots of you know this band and should get this CD. I haven't heard it, but "[A->B] Life" and "Catch For Us The Foxes" are amazing CDs.

The Dear Hunter - "Act I: The Lake South, the River North"
    This is Casey formerly of The Receiving End of Sirens. I haven't heard anything from this CD, but his past acoustic stuff under this moniker is really impressive. The entire CD is up on his purevolume page, but with my slow connection, I can't listen to much/any of it.

The Falcon - "Unicornography"
    This band is made up of members of The Lawrence Arms (lead singer and drummer), Alkaline Trio (Dan Adriano, bassist), and a former member of Rise Against (guitar). I downloaded their first CD "God Don't Make No Trash Or Up Your Ass With Broken Glass" a year or two ago, and though it is only like 5 songs and about 15 minutes long, it was a truly exciting and fun album. Hopefully the new one lives up to is predeccesor.
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

the dear hunter is pretty good.  i downloaded that album awhile ago i think.....i think it's the same album....shrug....i'll have to give it a listen when the retail hits
    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
    you're pretty narcissistic
    enjoy that, nobody else does.
    Originally posted by Madklikor
    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Also, for those that don't have it, Mute Math is finally re-releasing their Self-Titled Debut nationally tomorrow.  It's awesome, of course, so get it if you don't already have it.
      Originally posted by Gnomad
      I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
      do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

it's not the same though....there are some songs from the original release that they're axing and instead putting on some re-mastered songs from their first EP

which you probably already knew....but someone else might not........so find both versions if you can
        Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
        you're pretty narcissistic
        enjoy that, nobody else does.
        Originally posted by Madklikor
        You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

I've never listened to Mute Math. I would give them a try, but CDs are already ripping cash out of my hand left and right. I got Against Me!'s "Searching For A Former Clarity" and Rx Bandit's "The Resignation" this weekend, then those 3 this week.... then He Is Legend the next week.... and like 4 or 5 cds the week after.

I think I'm gonna make this a weekly topic so that people can get the news out about some CD releases that may otherwise slip by some people.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Well consider downloading the album. I think Mute Math are in the position where they just need as many people to hear them as possible... you could always buy the album at a later date. Otherwise you are depriving yourself of one of the best bands out there today (in my opinion anyways)

Comment

I pre-ordered the Mutemath cd so I could get the live cd with it.  Should be in by tuesday hopefully.  I'll more than likely pick up mewithoutYou's album too, it is really great.
              DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

For What It's Worth, MuteMath appeared on "MTV News"

Watch all the latest full episodes from Paramount Network: Yellow Stone, 1883, CMT Summer Sessions, Bar Rescue and more. Watch full episodes of current and past shows online.

a can't miss live act. 2 shows coming up for me

Kyle
                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                  I think I'm gonna make this a weekly topic so that people can get the news out about some CD releases that may otherwise slip by some people.
                  good idea!
                  Originally posted by kata rokkar
                  Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Hey Ars, Mutemath is playing Oct. 1st in Lawrence at The Bottleneck, you should check them out. I don't know if you've been to Lawrence yet since moving to the area but there are a lot of good shows there.
                    DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Yeah, there have been several concerts I've wanted to see, but I'm pretty much restricted to Saturday night shows and possibly Sunday night because of work and all.

Comment

I can understand that, I have school going on so its basically the same with me, but I won't miss Mutemath for anything.
                        DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

i'll probably pick up saosin, it's 5.99 at best buy

Comment

if you can appreciate it dredg as much as you do, you'll enjoy mute math. the keytar (not a keytar that's a keyboard as a guitar, even thought they have one..), is amazing. it's a home made instrument they made. some of which is part old Atari...? not sure for sure, but i know in some way, shape or form there's an atari somehow used.
                            Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Maybe they played Atari while writing their album.

Comment

Working...
                              X