Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Mars Volta - Amputechture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mars Volta - Amputechture

I jsut got it, but haven't gotten a chance to listen to it

but anybody had a chance to listen to it all the way through?

Opinions?

Yeah, I picked it up today as well. I love it!!! "Tetragrammaton", "Meccamputechture" and "Day of the Baphomets" are my current favorites. Overall I like this album better then Francis but not as much as Deloused...

Deloused>Amputechture>Francis

Added after 1 minutes:

...and did anybody notice that the notes say that all songs were performed by the Mars Volta Group and that John Frusciante's name is on the list?!?!
    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
    I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber

all that i really need to say
      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
      you're pretty narcissistic
      enjoy that, nobody else does.
      Originally posted by Madklikor
      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

i've had the leak for a while, but i'm definitely going out to buy it this afternoon . . . at best buy 'cuz i heard they have some kind of bonus dvd . . . i'm a sucker for shit like that . . .
        Originally posted by kata rokkar
        Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Yeah, I picked it up today as well. I love it!!! "Tetragrammaton", "Meccamputechture" and "Day of the Baphomets" are my current favorites. Overall I like this album better then Francis but not as much as Deloused...

Added after 1 minutes:

...and did anybody notice that the notes say that all songs were performed by the Mars Volta Group and that John Frusciante's name is on the list?!?!
          1. So far, Deloused>Amputechture>Francis is the standing (IMO)

2. Here's why : http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/..._chili_peppers

"But with the exception of a few killer solos, Rodriguez-Lopez has stepped back from the lead-guitar position altogether, opting instead to play composer and musical director."

3. I got mine at Best Buy too, but didn't get a Bonus DVD  

4. The track listing is different from the leak

Comment

i didn't make it to the show, but some friends did, and when they played here, frusciante didn't play with them at all . . . weird . . .

Comment

i hear the actual cd is longer and changed a bit from the leak...true?
              words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

I didn't hear about a bonus DVD... What's on it...
                Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Yeah no DVD, all though Best Buy's web site said they had one but who knows.

And the CD is the same as the leak, I've had it for 2 months already but still picked up the CD today.  Great album, I love everything the Mars Volta do.

Comment

just got home . . . no dvd at best buy . . . one of the guys who worked there said that only independent stores were getting the dvd's . . . damn me for going corporate!

the mix sounds a little different than the leak i had - most noticable on tetragrammaton so far - but it's basically the same . . .

Comment

DVD?..still have my receipt..maybe I'll ring Cheapo and ask...

Kyle
                      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I went independent... no DVD... but I did get a poster...

New Mastodon and new Mars Volta? What a nice day.

Comment

I don't get why Frances gets so much hate.  The ambient noise is sort of annoying but the music is freakin great.

Comment

frances is killer but the question remains . . . did any of you fockers pick up the tvotr cd today???? hmmmmmm  . .. or the danielewski book???? that';s atll that erreally matters . . .. anbd i mean thatt shtis

Comment

I didn't pick up TV on the Radio because I don't like TV on the Radio.

Frances was great... however, this album trumps Frances because there isn't half a CD of filler noise.

Comment

Working...
                              X