Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Fans of Opeth/Dredg Check out this band.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans of Opeth/Dredg Check out this band.....

....Katatonia. Like I said, they sound similar to Opeth, from the Damnation era only really. Members of Opeth used to be in the band, and yea they are from Sweden. I think many Dredg fans will apreciate them.

I guess the reason I posted this now is that they are now starting their first American tour, and I have e-mailed the band and talked to them lately and they are just really cool guys. They have an amazing 2-disc greatest hits(Black Sessions) that you can find really cheap on Amazon.  Anyways I'll post some tunes....

My Twin..http://rapidshare.de/files/32203487/04_My_Twin.m4a
    Omerta...http://rapidshare.de/files/32203963/2-09_Omerta.m4a
    Tonight's Music....http://rapidshare.de/files/32204700/...ht_s_Music.m4a
    Sleeper....http://rapidshare.de/files/32204404/1-11_Sleeper.m4a

Oh yea, if anybody wants any more of their stuff, I love to share music so just hit me up at Sprucedupgash on AIM.
    Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

yea I know them..altho I didn't realize they have ex-Opeth members. I see and know a lot of folks in the Prog and Metal communities into them. Lot of Pain of Salvation fans especially. I can't say I don't like their music, but it's never blown me away..even like Opeth or Dredg.

One band who has however, often is compared to Katatonia, Klimt 1918..altho they are not as Dark and more Catchy/Poppy I suppose. Gotta thank Shane for turning me onto them. I still listen to DOPOGUERRA frequently after 9 months of having it. Flawless album.

Kyle
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Yeah, Akerfeldt(sp?) used to sing for Katatonia full time, and Lindgren(sp) played guitar on some tracks a long time ago.

Klimt is interesting, they are definatly more dredg-like, I'm going to try and download some of their music tonight.
      Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Comment

ahh..no wonder. Yeah Katatonia are playing in my town next month. I may try going depending on $ and schedule. I wish Klimt would tour the States sometime, recently I believe they opened for Katatonia in Rome. If you have trouble finding their stuff..let me know. Their older work I rarely see, but I did manage to grab most of one of their older records, one track they even do part of the Beatles WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS.

Actually, recently getting into Mew, at times I am reminded of Klimt in Mew's music.

Kyle
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN
          Actually, recently getting into Mew, at times I am reminded of Klimt in Mew's music.
          i finally picked up mew the other day & have been digging the shit out of it . . . i'll bee looking into klimt too, thanks for the heads up!
          Originally posted by kata rokkar
          Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Everyone should get into Mew.. If any danish band deserves success, it's those guys

Comment

I gave Mew a shot... wasn't my tea and crumpets... don't like the singer... or the band, for that matter...

Comment

they were kinda off for me at 1st, but i kept listening & now i can't stop . . . but i can see why some people wouldn't like 'em.
                Originally posted by kata rokkar
                Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

I hated Mew's vocals at 1st. It was so high pitched. But then some recent buzz about them made me go back and listen and while the high-pitched vocals is not easy to stomach, the heavy riffs and harmonies got to be so good that I started to recognize how they work with Mew's music. I can see how folks could have issue with their vocals, but like with Coheed And Cambria and some other bands, even Kaddisfly, they became an acquired taste.

Really digging FRENGERS now..maybe more than AND THE GLASS HANDED KITES.

On Katatonia, as it turns out, Anathallo's show is the same exact night in Minneapolis. maybe I'll find a way to concert-hop.

Kyle
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                  X