Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

deftones - "hole in the earth"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you'd hear/see it from the bathroom.
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

oh there'd be no bathroom involved . . . afterwards i'd feel a bit bad for those standing around me . . .
      Originally posted by kata rokkar
      Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

I agree with Oogs whole-heartedly.  Around The Fur is good, but most songs are not all that great in my eyes.  MX is one of my favorites on the album, and Damone is up there as well, but Lhabia, Mascara and some other ones were just plain weak.  Adrenaline, same thing.  I can't really even listen to it anymore.  Btu White Pony and Self-Titled are the same ranks for me as number one.  And that B-Sides and Rarities....I could have done without the CD, although I'm happy to have gotten the videos on the DVD.

I didn't forget where I was getting at here.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712
          I'm happy to have gotten the videos on the DVD.
          hell yeah...just wish 'street carp' was on there.

Comment

Good Song.  Kinda borders on a mainstream sound, but that riff in there is pretty awesome.

Too bad Chino is gettin kinda fat.

Comment

"does this video make me look fat?"

Comment

Cool... And I see that the whole band is using Fender Guitars now. That's awesome...

...that is unless Carpenter is still using ESP Guitars but with tele body. Which is possible considering the two lace humbucker and the through body string configuration... That Tele must sound mean...
                Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

just got my tickets to see them in november!  woohoo!!

Comment

I like the song, but that video is pretty boring.

That, and the more I listen to the song, the more I realize Chino's lyrics are starting to get weak.

Comment

Apparently Chino's approach with the newer recordings has been one of pure on-the-spot improvisation.  In the interview with Shaun Lopez about the album, he said that Chino just went in and messed around with a few things for "Hole in the Earth" and when he randomly came up with the chorus part Lopez told him to hang on to that and build around it.

I know in their earlier work there was much more of a pre-planned lyrical stage for their words, so I found that really interesting.
                      Originally posted by Gnomad
                      I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                      do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Hmmm... he should stop doing that and go back to whatever he was doing before.

Comment

video is definitely extremely lame..but the song sounds fantastic to me

Comment

if you knew that any video you made would be shown on tv maybe 3 or 4 times you probably wouldn't go to great lengths with it either . . . can't blame 'em . . .

Comment

videos have become a big waste of money for labels these days. they hardly get played and when they do no one is watching. it's best to go for the low-budget, self-produced videos like okgo and beck. if you can get big on youtube you will create a huge buzz for your album.

by the way, did anyone hear the new deftones song, "rapture" on their myspace yesterday?

Added after 7 minutes:

Originally posted by vsd
                              ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Working...
                              X