Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

System Of A Down on "Hiatus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Of A Down on "Hiatus"

Sorry the video or page cannot be found. The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable. Please use search or visit our home page. Thank you.

for people into them, or even mildly like myself, this is interesting news. They are not breaking up, but I think it seems like there is some differences within the band members right now.

Kyle
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

I don't think there a differences in the band at all, this hiatus was planned at the beginning of this year.

Comment

yah I was gonna say this is old news... It's just cause Daron Malakian is tired of writing for now. But Serj is still around, judging by his collaborations with dredg and the deftones.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeHomelessGuy
        yah I was gonna say this is old news... It's just cause Daron Malakian is tired of writing for now. But Serj is still around, judging by his collaborations with dredg and the deftones.
        not to mention fair to midland.

wasn't this news announced in march?
        Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
        you're pretty narcissistic
        enjoy that, nobody else does.
        Originally posted by Madklikor
        You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear
          Originally posted by SomeHomelessGuy
          not to mention fair to midland.

wasn't this news announced in march?
          well apparently it's become more evident during Ozzfest. I've seen it on like 4 or 5 other forums in the past few days, so I don't think all of it is old news.

Kyle
          allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

it was a long time ago that it was announced, so i can see why people forgot / are talking about it again now, since they had said they'd be doing their hiatus after ozzfest.

shrug, i didn't mean any offense....i just remember reading this in march, heh

Comment

don't worry bout it, some other people said the same thing. It was new to me anyway .

Kyle
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

This is what Daron's gonna be up to, and I'm interested in hearing whether Serj is going to be working on Serart

Comment

i heard that Daron and Serj dont really get along too well....the whole band travels seperately, and i believe Daron changed the words to lonely day at an ozzfest date to something like "such a lonely day...with this band...this motherfucker i cant stand"...i think he might've gestured towards Serj at that point in the song too....

they're probably just keeping themselves from being overexposed
                  http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

i can't see why daron would have a problem with serj.........it's not like serj is trying to take over daron's guitar parts, like daron is trying to become the new singer for the band.......

god he needs to not sing on the next album.........or at least go back to being the goofy background singer

Comment

word.
                      http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

god damn right "word"

more like "words"  and those words are "shut the fuck up daron"

Comment

Yeah, definetly.  I heard at one point that Daron also wrote the bass parts, at least for Toxicity.  Not like he's trying to take over the band or anything...  :roll:

And what is Serj doing with dredg? Something new? Or a rewrite of an old song(I seem to remember hearing something about him doing Ode to the Sun, correct me if I'm wrong)?  Anyways it'll be interesting to hear.
                          Save your stories cause they're all the same
                          You've had your glory
                          Throw it all away
                          If you don't you will never change cause
                          Give it time and watch your fame decay

Comment

He's remixing one of their songs...  read the forums

Comment

I know, Oog, I was asking for a confirmation. Because when I search "Serj remixing a dredg song" I get 367 hits, and honestly I'm too lazy to check all of those

ass pirate.
                              Save your stories cause they're all the same
                              You've had your glory
                              Throw it all away
                              If you don't you will never change cause
                              Give it time and watch your fame decay

Comment

Working...
                              X