Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Kaddisfly in Minneapolis canceled, moved, postponed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaddisfly in Minneapolis canceled, moved, postponed?

The Kaddisfly show is one of the only remaining shows that has not been moved to an alternate venue and it's 7 days away. this pretty much bums me out...the only thing cheering me up is seeing Jonah Matranga at the Varsity tonight.

Hey SoundscapeMN did you see they added a Mankato date on their way back to Portland?

Aug 21 Whats Up Lounge Mankato, MN ... it's a monday.

How about you drive and I pay for gas + tape the show? 8)

A guy on the midwestprog email list said something about a water leak or something at The Quest and I had no idea. I knew about the re-modeling but I was just there a few weeks ago at that MWC non-show.

Fuck

FUCK

FUCK

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I fucking hate..no LOATH that club.

Maybe they can move the show to the Fineline..or one of the other venues. I wonder if there is anything I can do to help that.

Otherwise..I may actually trek down to Mankato on a freaking Monday nite..I want to see them and the other 2 bands really badly right now.

Man..1 fucking week away..unbelevable!    

I suppose the link posted there showed the club to re-open on September 1st when Head Automatica and (more importantly) Men, Women And Children are coming (let's hope this time), lol.

Kyle
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Man, a water leak would be a surefire way of getting "drowned in the music"..  huh huh huhhhh

...Oh, I laugh and laugh.

Comment

i think that's the first time Soundscape has cursed on here.

awesome.

Comment

something may happen with this..even if another club is unable to book them.

Kyle
          allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

cryptic
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Long story short..I tried to help, but it wasn't necessary. Someone from one of the bands knew a guy who has a recording studio in Minneapolis. SHOW IS ON!!!!!!!!!

The quest show has been changed to

The profile center
              2630 university ave se

All ages $3 6pm

Use the back door to enter. See you there

I'm gonna buy up any Merch they have for sale!

Kyle
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

SUMMER SOLSTICE
                CAMPFIRE
                HARBOR
                FOR THE EJECTION OF REST: THEY'LL DANCE
                EMPIRE
                MERCURY
                VIA RAIL
                Instrumental lead in
                SNOWFLAKES

I'm pretty sure this is the correct setlist. Emptyzero can add or correct me. He taped it..I taped it as well on my Iriver, but now hearing some of it..I'm doubting it came out without muffling and over-distortion as nearly every show (with ampifiers atleast) I've tried taping on mine does.

The set I suppose may have been a bit shorter than others..probably due to the fact 3 other local bands played..who which the 2 I heard I liked some of their stuff. The Aesthestic and Sail Architect I think they were called but might be wrong.

Didn't realize Kile uses a bow at the beginning MERCURY..(altho I should check out that video on youtube again).

edit: VIA RAIL..oops  :P

Highlight was definitely VIA RAIL since..well..it is my favorite song. But every song sounded great live, aside from the mix there drowning out Chris at times and the keys. But there, that didn't surprise me and no sound man either.

Anyway, in this small recording studio if you will..with no sound man, couches and basically everyone within 50 feet of the band..the show was definitely memorable to say the least. And also just chatting and hanging out and meeting the guys. Having dinner at Quiznos (too bad a better option wasn't nearby..or the Cafe atleast, but what can you do when a mexican wedding is happening down the hall? and they closed the Cafe due to that).

But all the guys were really cool. I got to talk to Chris a bit before and after the show..and..we had a good discussoon at dinner with Aaron and  Kelsey.  Dan Fury too..and the fans I met at the show. Nate from midwestprog and empty and some others just meeting there.

I think that part made up for not seeing Kiss Kiss and 3.

Gotta join the street team now..and I think Kaddisfly did make some new fans there regardless, because there were some people who showed up for the other 3 bands anyway. Hopefully the guys will make it back again soon without a fire or anything else playing a part in the venue. Maybe The Varsity Theater or The Fine Line next time?..or maybe even like opening for Dredg?..hehe

Kyle
                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

hey Kyle it was nice meeting you, my gf commented that you seemed like a nice guy and I'll concur. : P

recording sounds great except chris's vocals are way down in the mix. i really should have asked about patching out of the...well i won't call it a board...it was more of a mixer. not sure what kind of outputs it had but it would have been sweet to lay the vocals from that source over the audience tape.

but yeah oh well, all taping dorkdom aside it was a really great show. much respect to them for sticking it out, a lot of bands would have said screw it...see you next time and not spent so much time trying to line something else up. it was also really cool of the other bands to add them in as headliners on such short notice.

they're taking september off (rightfully so) and i don't want to say this to loud but i heard there was an 80% chance they'd be back through in october (on that 3 tour?). the fine line is nice but i'd vote the triple rock or the varsity theater...not that i'd have a say.

taping gorilla biscuits at the triple rock tonight, we'll be down there early for dinner i think...if you're interested in a 24hr turn around on the recording i'll have a cdr incase you want to stop and grab it.

Comment

I'd love to..last Sunday would have been perfect. I work at 7:30am M-F, but had last Monday off. What time is it at? (suppose I could check the Triple Rock's site :P).

Let's hope yer right about the 3 + K-Fly thing in Oct. And yeah the part about the band just sticking it out and playing here meant a lot. One reason I spent $45 on merch..just as a show of appreciation for that.

I was suspecting the vocals may have been drowned out a bit. I mean I could tell their was an inbalance in the guitar levels and the vocal levels in many parts. Not that you couldn't hear Chris sing at all, but a little like Muse and Dream Theater shows at The State Theater,. Either way, I'd still be up for CDR. I'll try and make it down there tonight. If not, Eventually at another show or online.

Kyle
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X