Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The unfunny Truth About Scientology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have the basic idea. I think what I'm saying is that it takes more and more creativity and intelligence for us to continue building what we have accomplished here on earth as a species... things like architecture, aesthetically pleasing cars, etc, None of these could have developed naturally... rather, they had to be created by a being. But for all of our powers here, we are unable to recreate the same intelligence or power that has created US and the world around us. Things like golden mean, harmonic sequences, general physics... all of those rules and orders we see are what keep this world in check and prevent it from spiralling out into nothingness... and the fact that there is even POTENTIAL for "somethingness" or "nothingness" is again a larger order.

You seem to grasp my big point, though - that ideas such as eternity and the individual characteristics of "God" will always be impossible for us to grasp here because we have no way of replicating it or even understanding it, but the fact that there is a higher order of complexity implies the existence of control that we are unable to comprehend, at least to me. In other words, the complexity doesn't make a creator less likely because it's so much... it makes it more likely that whatever creator is responsible really is "divine."

Sorry for being so long winded. You can all wake up now.
    Originally posted by Gnomad
    I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

alright. has anyone here ever seen the movie "what dreams may come"? i find it to be a very good vision of whats after life as well as why we go to the certain places we go after death becuase of the choices we made in our lives. mind you im not saying this is fact, just an interesting vision of life and the afterworld. one thing that i have come across recently is a video series i found on google video entitled "Does God Exist?"
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...s+god+exist%3F i found it interesting.

Comment

The best thing L. Ron Hubbard ever did was die. Scientology is a crock. He was quoted saying something along the lines of 'If you want to get rich, start a religion.' This is currupting our celebrities for god's sake! EMINEM IS NOW A SCIENTOLOGIST. thats right, Eminem.
        Ill scream it until your ears bleed; youll always have a friend in me.

Comment

Let it corrupt whomever it wants to. All religions corrupt people in some form or another, so let scientology do it too. Just don't let your friends and family fall for it, or any other scam.
          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Working...
          X