Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

for good intention: "hip hop"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for good intention: "hip hop"

yes i grew up on rock like many of us. yes dredg is my favorite artists ever...yes many awesome other bands as well. but for those looking for additional insight from postive energy sources i really suggest adjusting your ears and possibly your taste to this direction. heres some "hip hop" things that have changed my life maybe you can indulge..if you listen to what is being said i really think it will be healthy for you. leave feedback if you check it out. please do. =)

artist, album (track to start with)

1. eligh- poltergeist (pattern traps)
    2. scarub- heavenbound (savvy traveller)
    3. eligh- gas dream (jigsaw puzzle, chronic)
    4. living legends - Almost famous (black glass <-- explores a world without refelction crazy shit)
    5. scarub- a new perspective (i want a car)
    6. murs- varsity blues (whole album but especially the deepest blue)
    7. 3 melancholy gypsies -grand caravan (chant)

8. cage - hells winter
    9. aesop rock - Fast Cars, Danger, Fire and Knives
    10. lyrics born - Same !@#$ Different Day
    11. saul williams - Saul Williams
    12. blackalicious - Deception
    13. zion i - True and Livin'
    14. mr. lif - Emergency Rations

Comment

cool . . . i've been trying to open myself up to more hip hop but i keep stumbling into the wrong shit . . . i've heard some aesop rock that i liked though . . .
      anyhow, thanks for the suggestions, i'll check those out!!
      Originally posted by kata rokkar
      Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

I enjoy Gym Class Heroes.
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro
          I enjoy Gym Class Heroes.
          Ditto. Check out One Drop. You should be very pleased.

Comment

back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me. back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me. back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me. back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me. (i'm mike jones)back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me. back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me. back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me.
            http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

I am actually a pretty big fan of Kanye West.
              He writes pretty good rhymes and tells good stories within his writings and it's not about the generic crap that is always being told about in most hip hop songs.

Comment

re: for good intention: &quot;hip hop&quot;

gym class heroes is pretty dope...cool how they are a band. guitarist rips pretty well but the MC is just a little unoriginal to me. hes solid no doubt, but i dont thing he digs anything out of me. how could i have forgotten aesop rock? aesop rock rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by penguin_in_the_desert
                  I am actually a pretty big fan of Kanye West.
                  He writes pretty good rhymes and tells good stories within his writings and it's not about the generic crap that is always being told about in most hip hop songs.
                  same, and I just heard that Ganrls Barkley song "Crazy" which I think is pretty good, may download the album to see how it is.

Comment

i will def. check out this Gnarls Barkley, it's getting a pretty big buzz of sorts.

Comment

11. saul williams - Saul Williams
                      I saw him open for NIN in March and I must say that he was one of the coolest, most original hip-hop artists I've ever come across.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

re: for good intention: &quot;hip hop&quot;

how is it that nobody has mentioned Jurassic 5 yet? they are the definition of "hip hop". 'Quality Control' is an unbelievable album.

Comment

I have officially heard Gnarls Barkley, and I actually like them.

I also like the Streets....yeah, I know...it's sad that I do.

Comment

I like tricky.
                            sigpic
                            We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                            Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                            happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

i'm going to be that guy & express my dislike for gnarls barkley . . .

i think i've farted better songs, but i may have been drunk . . .
                              Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Working...
                              X