Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

American Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BentTwig
    South Park, Family guy, and shows like that are getting boring and just try so hard to be funny that they reach too far for jokes and fall on their ass.
    I agree with you about Family Guy, South Park nailed them right on the head with that Parody. South Park is far from having "too far [reaching] jokes and fall on their ass." I think South Park has become more and more brilliant as the seasons have progressed.

South Park is starting to have a point, its a show with satire and social commentary now. I don't think the jokes are at all too far reaching, on the contrary I think Matt and Trey know how to poke fun at things in just the right way so as to not tear them apart, but leave them open to their own criticism. I mean, I think the "Scientology" episode was one of the greatest episodes not only South Park has ever done, but that any cartoon that has ever attempted social satire has ever done.

Its just how I see it. I watched cartoons like Tom & Jerry and Animaniacs when I was a kid, but those shows don't have a real point. Lately South Park has, and thats where I think it should be appreciated more than a show like Family Guy that just (like was said) regurgitates the same jokes that have nothing to do with the plot lines. As for American Dad, it is a perfect example as to why Seth MacFarlene shouldn't attempt social satire, the show had potential to poke fun at the whole conservative mind-set of America. In the end, AD pandered out to be nothing more than a mildly amusing show.
    And when the water comes... I will overflow

Comment

that's kind of how i look at the show

american dad could be set up to show how stupid our government can be

instead it shows how stupid seth mcfarlene can be
      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
      you're pretty narcissistic
      enjoy that, nobody else does.
      Originally posted by Madklikor
      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

but it does show how stupid government agents can be. And how gay lost aliens can be.

actually that show does suck. And Family Guy and South Park are on the way there. The newest of the new Family Guys have been pretty great, but that last South Park was fucking retarded.

but Aqua Teen Hunger Force is still awesome. I think Adult Swim is on to something with the sporadic releases of new episodes of its best shows....they know that over- exposure will make them stale, just like all of the cartoons mentioned above here. It's been like a year since a new Tom Goes to The Mayor, and there's only been like 4 episodes of Squidbillies (one of the best shows on TV) made so far. And I haven;t even been able to watch a whole episode of 12 Oz. Mouse yet because it's so fucked up. On the other hand, they've about beat Robot Chicken and the Venture Bros. into the ground.

In summation, I don't know what I just said.
        http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Working...
        X