Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

interesting little story of how i got CWOA for only 2 bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting little story of how i got CWOA for only 2 bucks

its pretty weird actually. it was probably a maximum of a month after the official release. It was a warm day and 2 friends and i were walking thru davis square. we had just been at the comic shop comicazi and were walking by the goodwill store. my friend Bryan said "iu wanna take a look in goodwill" and i wasnt quite in the mood so i said that i didnt want to. but my friend Derek said "bryan do you wanna go in? i wanna go in, lets go in then he;'ll have to come with us." so we went in. and they had a bajillion cds and cassettes. it was some weird special thing where they were selling allthese unorganized singles and cds. 25 cents for singles and 1.99 for full cd's. So im looking right next to the door on the shevles of some ratty ass goodwill bookcase. just hap-hazardly tossing cd's about barely looking at names. i picked up some goofy singles of really stupid songs just because they were a quarter. and i saw this bright green case from the side. i love bright green. its one of my favorite colours so i grabbed for it. My face then exploded. i thought to myself "no fucking way" was it the bug eyes singles maybe? i opened the case and looked thru the booklet and on the back of the cd. and it was legit. i flew to the register and payed. the only weird thing about it was the sticker thats on the front of the case that says :"This compact disc is property of the applicable record label and is being provided for promotional use only. Resale is unlawful and may be punishable under federal and state laws." Honestly tho. i have no idea how it could have gotten there. Who wouldnt want a dredg cd? Why would it be in a goodwill store? whats with the sticker? ive always been bewildered by this. Any thoughts??

sounds like a promo copy that got sent to a record store or radio station. i have a couple cds that have that "This compact disc is property of the applicable record label and is being provided for promotional use only. Resale is unlawful and may be punishable under federal and state laws." embossed in gold on the front. That's a hell of a find tho, man. Congrats.

Added after 1 minutes:

sounds like a promo copy that got sent to a record store or radio station. i have a couple cds that have that "This compact disc is property of the applicable record label and is being provided for promotional use only. Resale is unlawful and may be punishable under federal and state laws." embossed in gold on the front. As to why it's in a Goodwill store, I have no idea. Maybe a store around you just donates promos that employees dont want to take home. The music store i live by does that too, only they donate them to me, because a few of my friends work there. That's a hell of a find tho, man. Congrats.
    http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Working...
    X