Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Question-Is this something wrong to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question-Is this something wrong to do?

I am going to Taste of Chaos next thursday and Saturday , and I was gonna burn like 100 cd's or so for each concert with maybe like 5 or so Dredg songs em' and maybe some dredg art or something. I didn't know if this would just be wrong or possibly piss the band off, I don't know. I really want to do it so someone get back to me.

...and while I'm here I hope you guys have some time to check out my band, were called um.....Against The Fire , we sound nothing like Dredg , but we just play pretty good rock *cough*...anyways you can check some stuff out at

Against The Fire: A Toledo based alternative rock/powerpop/badass band that will rock your face off. Yea, we said it...

Against The Fire's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

PLLLLLEEEEAAASEEE!! I'm the singer/ ex-bass player...if any of you want some mp3's lemme kno cuz we dont really have any up.
    Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

hellno...do it. Just make sure it''s good quality.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

yeah the only people that would say no is the label reps, and label reps are gay (not that there's anything wrong with that), but do it!
      Originally posted by vsd
      ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Ok, cool well if no one sees any big objections I guess I'll just go ahead and do it, I'll probably be getting these ready tuesday night, I was thinking of putting on the CD.....

1.Ode to the sun
        2.Bug Eyes
        3.Catch Without Arms
        4.Convalescent
        5.Tanbark
        6.Hungover On A Tuesday
        6.Yatahaze
        8.Of the Room

...I was getting it done automated at this studio , and the way it was getting done I guess it could only have like 8 tracks so...thats cool I guess. I guess I had odd song choices, I just really wanted Of the room on there cuz that's like my faveorite Dredg song (if thats possible?).

Comment

I think the only thing I would do is subsitute another song from El Cielo for Convalescent...like I would choose Sanzen or Same Ol Road. Nothing against Convalescent but I just think it is more likely that a song like Same Ol Road or Sanzen would hook a person that has never listened to dredg. And then I would add one more song from Leitmotif, like Symbol Song or Penguins in the Desert. And then I would want to throw in Planting Seeds since that is my personal favorite...but I think the list you have is good. And I think Of the Room should certainly be on there, it's a staple of dredg music. I know it looks like you may only be able to do 8 tracks but my adjusted list would be this:

1. Ode to the Sun
          2. Bug Eyes
          3. Catch Without Arms
          4. Same Ol Road
          5. Sanzen
          6. Of the Room
          7. Tanbark
          8. Hungover on a Tuesday
          9. Symbol Song
          10. Penguins in the Desert
          11. Yatahaze

And this is only suggestion; thought you might like some feedback on your endeavor

Comment

Ya thanks for the input Spitshine. Same Ol' Road would prob be a better choice since it kind of was like the "single" for El Cielo and Penguins will probably appeal more to the "Taste OF Chaos crowd" so I'll go w/ that of Symbol Song ... so I'll prob end up w/....

1. Ode to the Sun
            2. Bug Eyes
            3. Catch Without Arms
            4. Same Ol Road
            5. Of the Room
            6. Tanbark
            7. Hungover on a Tuesday
            8. Penguins in the Desert
            9. Yatahaze

If i cant get those nine ill take off penguins, sence that's most likely to not be played live.

Comment

Yeah I agree with going with only songs that are played live

Comment

I really like your second selection better too. I have one suggestion though. I assume that your goal is to get as many TOC fans hooked to dredg, so I know this might sound funny, but since most of the bands are hardcorish or nu-metalish, I suggest taking off one of the CWOA songs (my pick would be CWOA since it has prob the least apeal to these kinds of people) and put on Kayasuma or Is Not Everything or even both if you have room. I know dredg isnt really proud of those two, but if I were into alot of the TOC bands and never really heard dredg, and I heard one of those two songs, I would for sure look more into them. Their just so heavy and great. Hell maybe even Running Through Propellers would hook too.
                His names BentTwig... He's not right... in the head.

<-----that's me and the fam

Comment

BentTwig I do think you bring up a valid point. It might get a few more people to give dredg a chance. Though, that isnt the direction dredg is heading in (or at least I don't think it is) so is it better to build a fan base for past dredg or for current and future dredg?? I guess it's up to wintersky

Comment

I thought about doing that, but than I just decided to give people stuff that Dredg is most likely to play, just to make it easier. I think I'm going to the first show Dredg is actually going to be at, I'll be at the Toledo show on Thursday, and the Dayton show on friday. I'm actually kind of nervous to see how everyone is going to react....

Comment

There are some great quality live tapes easily accessible at archive.org - if you picked out select tracks from those then you'd be able to reassure yourself you weren't distributing anything illegally, as it's already available for free.

Comment

Alrighty well, I made them all on Tuesday I made about 150, that I will split between the Toledo show, and Dayton show Thursday, and Friday. I think Dredg are gonna be at both of those so maybe I can even find a way to get an autograph! Anyway after the show I'll try to get the setlist up here or maybe even some pics.

Comment

Working...
                        X