Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

dredg's logo is all over the books in front of me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dredg's logo is all over the books in front of me

Ive been sitting in here in the asian studies library doing homework, when I caught myself staring at the row of reference books in front of me. Suddenly I realized they all have the (el cielo type) change character on the side of them. I only mention it because I thought it was an outdated character, but these are fairly recent books.
    heh, Im sure this is not exciting to anyone but me though.

the character is still in use, i took a year of chinese in college and discovered in the later lessons of our textbook as part of the word for "easy", which is róngyì, by the way.

it looks like this:

Comment

cool!

Comment

Neato.

Comment

spiffy

Comment

bossanova!

no?

chevy-nova?

...hmm....

EXCELLENT!

if you know where that quote came from, then you rule...sorta
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Long live TMNT!

Comment

Originally posted by gutn3r
                the character is still in use, i took a year of chinese in college and discovered in the later lessons of our textbook as part of the word for "easy", which is róngyì, by the way.

it looks like this:

Some of them looked like the one on the right, the others were distinctly like the el cielo logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Leitmotif612
                  Some of them looked like the one on the right, the others were distinctly like the el cielo logo.
                  There is essentially no difference between the two. The "el cielo" style is the closest to the actual character. I'm no expert in Chinese, but in my one-year-of-Chinese-in-college opinion, they are pretty much the same.

Comment

I'm sick of explaining to people that it's a change symbol...and it changes.

Comment

Working...
                    X