Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

New old dredg videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penguin88
    replied
    Re: New old dredg videos

I noticed mark laughing into the guitar pickups when I saw the triangle rockpalast video a while back. I may have see him do it live, I saw them in 2005 and he may have been doing it then but I don't recall.

Leave a comment:

• evasivetear
    replied

yes. that would be quite silly

Leave a comment:

• Fawst
    replied

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
    dunno, i've posted mp3s for that song quite a few times since then. should be up on that rare songs / b-sides site that halcyon put up.
    This is what happens when I don't pay attention. Then again, it's easy enough to miss a live version of a song that has no studio equivalent, I guess. At least it's not like I'm just finding out about Stone By Stone.

Leave a comment:

• evasivetear
    replied

Originally posted by Agoo View Post
    I never would've known that either.
    since i started taping shows, i had noticed mark doing that. whenever triangle came on, i always tried to capture him doing that at least once during the song. it became my favorite moment to tape.

Leave a comment:

• Hi-Fi
    replied

I hope that they will record studio version of Doo Dee Doo Dee.

I really enjoy these videos!
    Big thanks to all the people on this board who taped all of the great dredg footage over the years!

Leave a comment:

• Agoo
    replied

Originally posted by siperwrx View Post
    Awesome vids! I never realized that they echoey "bah bah bah" in the interlude is mark talking into the pickups on his guitar.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v_ntboQ#t=209s
    I never would've known that either.

The only other vocals I can think of that have been recorded that way are Brandon's on parts of "Make Yourself" (excluding the chorus).

Leave a comment:

• Hi-Fi
    replied

Thanks for these awesome videos, evasivetear! Looks and sounds great!

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
    yar.

i more than likely won't be releasing anything else from it though.

i don't really do the whole recording/editing/releasing stuff anymore... i got way too many other things going on where i stare at a computer all day long, that coming home and staring at a computer even more doesn't really fit into how I want my personal life to pan out.

sorry i do miss it...but not enough to get this started up again.
    We're losing all the good ones. kuky was talking tonight about how he hasn't done it in forever too...

Leave a comment:

• evasivetear
    replied

dunno, i've posted mp3s for that song quite a few times since then. should be up on that rare songs / b-sides site that halcyon put up.

Leave a comment:

• Fawst
    replied

That's probably the greatest audience participation I've ever seen for the "Hey!" part of Triangle. Great performance, overall.
    ---
    Also, it's amazing just how much joy hearing "new" dredg gives me. "Doo Dee Doo Dee" is so great, why have I never heard that before?

Leave a comment:

• .cheapham.
    replied

Originally posted by siperwrx View Post
    Awesome vids! I never realized that they echoey "bah bah bah" in the interlude is mark talking into the pickups on his guitar.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v_ntboQ#t=209s
    Pretty badass, huh?
    ---
    Also, just noticed that Mark was still playing his Gibson SG back in 2007. I think it was just the next year that he really diversified his guitar collection. I've been wondering for a while if the SG that Gavin plays live on some songs is Mark's old guitar...

Leave a comment:

• siperwrx
    replied

Dredg performing their beautiful song "Triangle" from their incredible second album "El Cielo" at the Vision festival, for the famous "Rockpalast" series at ...

Leave a comment:

• porcupine
    replied

great vids! thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Volvox
    replied

feels like nostalgia already

Leave a comment:

• evasivetear
    replied

yar.

i more than likely won't be releasing anything else from it though.

i don't really do the whole recording/editing/releasing stuff anymore... i got way too many other things going on where i stare at a computer all day long, that coming home and staring at a computer even more doesn't really fit into how I want my personal life to pan out.

sorry i do miss it...but not enough to get this started up again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X