Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Cool new Dredg/Harry Potter video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool new Dredg/Harry Potter video

This is pretty cool, especially if you're a fan of Harry Potter as well. The video was posted on youtube two days ago, and has already gotten 20,000+ hits, so it seems to be going a bit viral. Could be good press for dredg, no?

The video uses "Stamp of Origin: Take a Look Around" and "Down to the Cellar," cleverly mixed with some John Williams and a montage of Harry Potter clips.

What do you folks think?

Re: Cool new Dredg/Harry Potter video

Kinda cool, but it would have been better if they didn't slow down DTTC, because it fucked with the pitch and fucks with my ears now.

And for the lazy:

Harry Potter - Through The Pensieve

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

ahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
        Kinda cool, but it would have been better if they didn't slow down DTTC, because it fucked with the pitch and fucks with my ears now.
        Yeah, the changes to DTTC were a bit odd. Is it just slowed down, or did they totally re-pitch it? I wasn't sure.

Thanks for the embed!

Comment

Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by .cheapham. View Post
            Yeah, the changes to DTTC were a bit odd. Is it just slowed down, or did they totally re-pitch it? I wasn't sure.

Thanks for the embed!
            It was slowed down for sure. And that's what caused the transposition in pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
              It was slowed down for sure. And that's what caused the transposition in pitch.
              Right on.

By the way, this video now has over 130,000 views on youtube. This may end up being the most popular dredg-related video on there. The band even shared it on their facebook and twitter accounts. Funny stuff.

Comment

Yeah, I posted it on Drew's page and I guess he and the band thought it was cool so they posted it. I guess I may have helped the viral-ness of the video...at least by a little.

Comment

I see this video being posted all over the place now, makes me feel so good, being a dredg + HP fan. Moreso for being a dredg fan because their music is being featured in something so popular...Kudos to the creator of the video for making it look so good, and putting good music in it.
                  last.fm

Comment

i don't think dredg and Harry Potter go together very well, but maybe that's just me. the contrast is too much. it makes dredg seem cheesy and it almost feels like i'm supposed to be laughing while watching it. the whole thing just makes me feel shallow and uneasy.
                    [QUOTE=gtrplyr7;176776]I'll never stop looking for new music but I find the older I get, the less new music appeals to me and the more I end up going back to older stuff. I think everyone has that decade of music that they could really relate to. For me, it was the 90s...[/QUOTE]
                    [QUOTE=Gnomad;176814]I don't look for new or old music. I kind of just let it find me. I prefer it that way. I don't feel like I'm forcing myself to like certain things. It's all about being in the right setting and mood when you first hear it.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I actually agree, I don't think it works well either. But hey, if Harry Potter fans buy the CD's because of the association, cool beans.

Comment

The Wizard, The Owl, The Delusion

/lamejoke
                        last.fm

Comment

I'm a total mark for Harry Potter. There are three times I've gotten mega chills from HP vids: the original trailer before I had even read the book, the trailer for Deathly Hallows Part 2, and now this. Well played.
                          A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Pretty big deal they're being linked on sites like this. The Daily Beast gets 44 million+ views a month.
                            Originally posted by Gnomad
                            I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                            Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                            do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

This video recently passed 500,000 views and appears to be going strong. The currently most-watched dredg-related video on Youtube is their video for Information hosted by VirtigoTV (a German company I believe) with 580,000. It probably won't be too long before this one surpasses even that.

Comment

Working...
                              X