Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Not so good review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not so good review

Originally posted by FeebleFables View Post
    If he wants to strive to be a good reviewer, there's plenty of better points to hit to show why it's a bad album, than just saying:
    Exactly, I feel like I've been harder on this album than most posters on this board, but I recognize non-objective criticism when I see it. That guy just has a hard-on for tearing people down. It's the music blog version of sensationalism to increase hits.
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
      O...k...

Besides it being your opinion, why is he a douche? Have you met him?
      I think he meant the reviewer, not Mike Patton.
      last.fm

Comment

Ohhhhh yeah, haha. Wow, I completely mistook that.

It all makes so much more sense now!

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
          Ohhhhh yeah, haha. Wow, I completely mistook that.

It all makes so much more sense now!
          Haha, no, Mike Patton is an asshole, not a douche. It's a totally likeable asshole, though.

"Are you hearing this!?!" Probably one of my top 10 musician interviews of all time. That and Devy talking about merkins.
          Last edited by AnewKINDofFEELING; May 5, 2011, 09:32 PM.
          I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
          I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
          A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
          To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

It made me laugh. I don't agree with it, but it did make me chuckle a bit. Particularly this line, "...would fit perfectly on a Potbelly Sandwich Works soundtrack—bookended by a Jimmy Buffet tune and Alanis Morrisette’s cover of “King of Pain.”

Daaaaammmnnn. Crotch shot!

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar View Post
              It made me laugh. I don't agree with it, but it did make me chuckle a bit. Particularly this line, "...would fit perfectly on a Potbelly Sandwich Works soundtrack—bookended by a Jimmy Buffet tune and Alanis Morrisette’s cover of “King of Pain.”

Daaaaammmnnn. Crotch shot!
              last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                Haha, no, Mike Patton is an asshole, not a douche. It's a totally likeable asshole, though.
                Yeah I got a little lost there, myself. Wasn't sure who was being talked about.

That being said, there's a difference between being an asshole and being an intelligent (albeit, free-willed) artist surrounded by morons that are everywhere in the human race that you just can't get away from. I would think the tolerance level only gets worse with age, too. I think he's just severely misunderstood by a lot of people. I've never thought once that the guy is a douche or an asshole (even when he is being a little snide or "mean"). And that has nothing to do with how much of a fan I am, either. Well, maybe it does a little...subconsciously.
                [QUOTE=gtrplyr7;176776]I'll never stop looking for new music but I find the older I get, the less new music appeals to me and the more I end up going back to older stuff. I think everyone has that decade of music that they could really relate to. For me, it was the 90s...[/QUOTE]
                [QUOTE=Gnomad;176814]I don't look for new or old music. I kind of just let it find me. I prefer it that way. I don't feel like I'm forcing myself to like certain things. It's all about being in the right setting and mood when you first hear it.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I'm beginning to suspect Chuckles was just an ingenious post-release marketing trick for Pariah. Because I've listened to that album more in the last few weeks than in the whole time since it came out. And I like it a lot more now.

Comment

Originally posted by noresolution View Post
                    I'm beginning to suspect Chuckles was just an ingenious post-release marketing trick for Pariah. Because I've listened to that album more in the last few weeks than in the whole time since it came out. And I like it a lot more now.
                    indeed.
                    Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by noresolution View Post
                      lol...all too true. Funny how that works. Same thing happened to me with the last Oceansize LP... I already thought "Frames" was a masterpiece, but after being mildly disappointed with the new one, it seemed even more formidable than before. In this case, I went from being a bit lukewarm on TPTPTD to liking it quite a bit again.

Comment

Working...
                      X