Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Dortmund, Germany 11/1/09 filmed for a DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dortmund, Germany 11/1/09 filmed for a DVD?

Originally posted by amitface View Post
    I find dredg's acoustic performances to be super boring. A whole show of that? Ack.
    I like the little things they do where they will do a short acoustic set for a radio show or a fundraiser but a whole show of acoustic songs wouldn't be preferred for me. Although I'd probably still enjoy it, I'd prefer hearing the songs as they were written.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
      I just noticed someone on the Porcupine Tree forum mention this about that show:

for everyone who is in dortmund on november 1st.

- the show will be filmed for a dvd release
      - they will play stuff from all their EP´s and albums, also tracks that were never played by the band in germany
      - dredg will be supported by strings
      - and last but not least the show will have a length about 3 hours (the only information which i don´t believe. 2 hours is possible and realistic, but 3? that´ll be only a dream)
      Re-reading this I'd take each of those points with a grain of salt. The only thing that is officially confirmed so far is that it will be a "special show" with a "special setlist".
      I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrplyr7 View Post
        Good thing you don't have to go, then.
        I'd probably still go..
        - -- --- ----

Comment

I really hope the part about 3 hours is true! Rush do shows that long so anything is possible.

Comment

Uhh, this is GREAT news!!!

Concerts filmed in Germany ends up always in high quality!

Can't wait to see the setlist played.

Comment

Apparently, the gig will be filmed by the WDR Rockpalast team, together with some other concerts from the Visions 20th Anniversary festival. Let's hope they'll broadcast the whole or at least most of the gig. Also it's not unusual for Rockpalast footage to end up with the bands, so they can put it on official DVDs (happened with Porcupine Tree and IQ for example).

Source (in German):

I find this is great news, the Rockpalast team is famous for producing beautifully filmed and edited concert footage.
              I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

yeah great news indeed. I always like their filming material. Pity we will have to wait for the broadcast until december 7th. But it will be worth it I suppose.
                We are all part of the problem

Comment

Originally posted by bokkers View Post
                  I find this is great news, the Rockpalast team is famous for producing beautifully filmed and edited concert footage.
                  Mhmm. QFT

Comment

Working...
                  X