Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Bird on PPD Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird on PPD Cover

I looked for the thread that had this info in it, but I can't find it. I know all about the search feature of the site, so no need to point it out to me.

What's the name of the bird on the cover of PPD? I know someone here knows it.

Re: Bird on PPD Cover

Esteban.
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Thingus Shouldnotbeus

Comment

The bird's name is.... Peckerwood.

Comment

If you're wondering what kind of bird it is that may be difficult to figure out because it has human hands for talons. I'm pretty positive that that is supposed to be a take on either evolution or genetic engineering. I believe it is be more strongly related to current genetic engineering and, since the album is a letter to the 7 billionth citizen of the planet, it is probably emphasizing what unforeseen things can occur as a result of such technologies. It is already well documented that certain organisms genes can be inserted into the genomes of other animals and that certain traits can be expressed. Scientists have successfully inserted spider DNA into goat embryos resulting in goats that produce milk that is as strong as spider silk, which is valuable because spider silk is an extremely strong substance and can be used to make bullet proof vests. They have also spliced mice DNA with jelly fish DNA resulting in mice that express bioluminescence (a glowing characteristic of some cnidarians). Scientists have been working with combining avian and human DNA, mainly to develop vaccines for avian flu - I'm sure the bird with human hands is related to that. I've never heard that the bird on the cover had a name, though.

Comment

he means like the type of bird I think. we knows it's modified, but without the hands, what type of bird is it?
            http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
            seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Good question. The only thing I know for sure is that it's NOT a penguin.
              I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

Originally posted by bokkers View Post
                Good question. The only thing I know for sure is that it's NOT a penguin.
                It could be a genetically modified penguin. I never did ask Esteban what type of bird he is.
                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

pff, cmon guys. it's a messenger bird.
                  Originally posted by FeebleFables
                  There's never enough epic in the music world.

Comment

warbler

Comment

Originally posted by embrace View Post
                      pff, cmon guys. it's a messenger bird.
                      heh

Estaban, the bird, was actually brought up and classified in thread with the album cover being leaked.
                      Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

I always just assumed it was supposed to be a Galapagos Island finch, referencing Darwin's theory of evolution. I know jack about birds though so it's noting more than a guess.

Comment

after some google image search sleuthing, it looks more like a warbler than it does a galapagos island finch.
                          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Looking at Warblers, crispy on 420, I ran across this guy.

What a sweet-lookin' bird!
                            Attached Files
                            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

that doesnt really look much like the bird on the cover. made-up bird on the cover?
                              Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Working...
                              X