Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

MEANING OF WATERBOURNE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEANING OF WATERBOURNE

This is a new song from Dredg called Information. it was previously called waterbourne. thanks for watchingthank's for the lyrics mh9526, and psychopomp88***...

VERSE:
    You're suffering, I feel your pain
    Allow me to be your sponge
    Cause I can absorb your sorrows, I'm the one

Fire may rain down on you, but I'll be your water
    Waves may crash on you, but I'll be your ground
    Cause I want to heal you, just a temporary bliss

CHORUS:
    Just a little bit, just a little bit
    A little more information
    To add to my confusion,
    To add to the frustration,
    I don't need it!

VERSE:
    So shed your pain, while I sit in silence
    As you bleed your deepest feelings, yeah
    Quakes may rattle you, but I'll be your sky
    Whips may twist around you, but I'll be your grass(? cries?)

CHORUS:
    To add to my confusion
    To add to the frustration,
    I don't need it!
    No I don't need it!

VERSE:
    He woke up next to her, his head against her head
    His hand upon her breast, he knew today meant death
    Kissed her on the cheek, then on her lips
    Thought to himself "it's the last time I'll do this"

Put on a suit, pressed and clean
    Brushed his hair, grabbed his keys
    Then he headed out to the morning air
    With an anticipation no man could bear

The air was heavy
    He could feel it in his lungs
    With every step he took, a prayer rolled off his tongue
    They were prayers of forgiveness, and prayers of praise
    And his actions forgived for a god without a name

CHORUS:
    To add to my confusion
    To add to the frustration
    I don't need it!
    No I don't need it!

what do you think is the intention/meaning of it all?

Re: MEANING OF WATERBOURNE

it's part of a story about a character who seems to have some kind of destiny like a chosen one of some sort.
    Originally posted by vsd
    ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

I always heard it as "And his actions a gift for a god without a name."

Comment

Originally posted by Spitshine View Post
        I am almost certain it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Spitshine View Post
          Ditto

One Second Clubber added 11 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

For me this album so far sounds like it's going to be some sort of story about a persons search for answers about the afterlife.

"I Don't Know" sounds like a mans confusion about the after life and what he thinks about it.

"Savior" sounds like the characters desire to learn about the after life and wanting to believe.

"Waterbourne" (unknown name) sounds like he's struggling with his acceptance or some form of recently acquired afterlife knowledge.

...but then again all of the songs really don't display any want of learning or positive attitudes towards anything. This dude seems REALLY confused and reluctant to learn anything but for some reason he has the foresight to look for the answers...

...I still can't find anything with all the new information that we've learned with our previous clues. Like "Singk"...
          Originally posted by Ars Sycro
          I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber View Post
            Ditto

One Second Clubber added 11 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

For me this album so far sounds like it's going to be some sort of story about a persons search for answers about the afterlife.

"I Don't Know" sounds like a mans confusion about the after life and what he thinks about it.

"Savior" sounds like the characters desire to learn about the after life and wanting to believe.

"Waterbourne" (unknown name) sounds like he's struggling with his acceptance or some form of recently acquired afterlife knowledge.

...but then again all of the songs really don't display any want of learning or positive attitudes towards anything. This dude seems REALLY confused and reluctant to learn anything but for some reason he has the foresight to look for the answers...

...I still can't find anything with all the new information that we've learned with our previous clues. Like "Singk"...
            I like those perspectives on the songs.

Spitshine added 3 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Oh, and Junkstory, sorry for only making a correction to those lyrics in response to your post, and not even acknowledging anything else. The rest of it sounded really good to me, nice work. You pulled out a couple of lines I was unsure of, thanks man.

Comment

hey spitshine, i didn't do the lyrics, it was someone on youtube..i wouldnt be to good at figuring it out, i m german.. :-) even though i am good at english..

i agree with your change in the lyrics..sounds really more like that...

Comment

Ah, cool. I see it now. But thanks for the post, I am not sure I would have ever found that.

Comment

My theory: it's about a someone coming to terms with their imminent death.

Comment

yeah i like that theory, but anyone a clue about the differing lyrics of verse and lyrics??

in the verses it's like caring and loving, supportive, and the chorus is like i dont give a ****
                    and I DON'T NEED IT, FRUSTRATION, CONFUSION ETC....

Comment

Yeah, it's the character is definitely in a battle with coming to grips with himself or some new recently acquired knowledge...
                      Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                      I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                        My theory: it's about a someone coming to terms with their imminent death.
                        i would say this is definite.
                        Originally posted by vsd
                        ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber View Post
                          Yeah, it's the character is definitely in a battle with coming to grips with himself or some new recently acquired knowledge...
                          I like that thought... like coming to grips with learning that there is, in fact, a God... or isn't...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
                            i would say this is definite.

possibly an album inspired by the movie "Stranger than Fiction" lolol. jk.

i agree with all this. This is something every human goes through at one point in their lives. Coming to grips with the fact that they will die, and whether they should become religious, or change what kind of person they are, or what they have accomplished in their lifes. I dont think its necessarily about one character in general but a general feeling that everyone has to face in their lifes. Mainly just questions about ones self, and doubts.
                            Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

I think that we would be rewarded by including "It's Not Worth It" in this discussion. The lyrics of that song clearly reference someone being "shot down in the public square." "He tried society," etc. Either there is a much more linear storyline to this record or it will be more like a collection of songs around the theme of sacrifice or challenging conventions. But the bottom line is that at least four of these songs deal directly with death and whether or not there is meaning behind life.
                              Originally posted by Gnomad
                              I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                              do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Working...
                              X