Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

"Leitmotif", a concept drawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Leitmotif", a concept drawing

I've completed a concept drawing to accompany the story behind Leitmotif.

Leitmotif:

Meaning:

Movement I: (seek)
    The antagonist in the story learns of his moral disease while asleep, so the first movement takes place in the mind, leading to the departure to the underwater city of Natoma to Kayasuma's temple.

Movement II: (patience)
    Takes place in the upper left chamber of the heart and represents the meditative state achieved, realizing "patience is the key" as the spirit of yuta melts the arctic cold revealing a set of stairs.

Movement III: (wonder)
    Two hearts are shown transferring electrical current. This depicts the "heart-to-heart" moment shared between the traveler and the inhabitants of the city of Koele. The traveler learned "wonder is the key" and love and appreciation is the crux of their culture, which "binds their heart with appreciation".

Movement IV: (question)
    The mountain and leaf atop represent the journey to the city of Barea in search of Yatahaze. The travelers questioning reveals that Yatahaze is not a man, but a tree, "its leaves drop the answers in which I think - The fruit holds the answer, your nature is your own self-discipline."

Movement V: (discipline)
    Since the "fruit of knowledge" wasn't named I chose a pomegranate. The 90 hour sleep experienced after consuming the fruit is the revelation that the traveler has been educated through epistemology, the study of the nature of knowledge, and cured of his moral disease via his self-discipline.

The overall purpose of the journey was for the traveler to "build up" his heart and cure himself from a moral disease. So the journey starts in the mind and progresses through each heart chamber.

I already posted this in the Tour section since I had it signed during an in-store appearance, but this is where it belongs along with the meaning behind it. I plan to make a concept piece for each album and eventually I would like to have them all signed and framed, very wishful thinking on my part. Thanks to everyone who's posted their artwork. All creations have been unique, creative, and definitely inspiring.
    -fickle as a fetish-

That's a pretty cool drawing, interesting idea too. Gets the thumbs up from me.
    - Peter Linfield [[email protected]]

Comment

yes, very good work!
      - Jon

----------------------------------------
      Originally posted by gderd
      dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music
      ----------------------------------------

Comment

i rikey.

Comment

re: "Leitmotif", a concept drawing

Impressed, absolutely captured the dredg visual style.

Comment

re: "Leitmotif", a concept drawing

that looks awesome!

Comment

man i cant get over this thing, its so juicy, i love it, dwaku one day i'm gonna have to pay you to do a mural on my living room ceiling
              The Only thing surrounding you now,
              are the circular memories...

Interesting Statistic #43
              Average life expectancy of an enemy soldier in a Chuck Norris film: 4 seconds

Comment

Very cool! Vincenttheodd said it perfectly...totally looks like dredg could have painted that

Comment

yeah this is sad and its prolly here somewhere but does any know the book, name of the story that was used for the concept of leitmotif?....its driving me nuts i wanan read the whole thing

Added after 1 minutes:

oh yeah i completly forgot that drawing is freakn awesome

Comment

Working...
                  X