Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Mark Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mark Interview

The label let me do an exclusive review...lemme know whatcha think.

Comment

Originally posted by jessepac View Post
      http://www.examiner.com/local-music-...squeezy-review

The label let me do an exclusive review...lemme know whatcha think.
      Your review is well-written and makes some valid points especially about 'Kalathat' which is very 'Nick Drake' cross 'Sufjan Stevens'. Five Stars is a massive overstatement for such a disappointing album though.

Comment

I think this sums up the album perfectly:

"Any Dredg fan that walks into this album hoping for the emotional connection and openness of prior releases will be pleased, but only if they aren’t looking for the past in this musical present."
        A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

This was nice to hear from Mark. I'm just happy that Dredg is happy and refreshed with their work. Who gives a fuck what we think? It's their product and if I produced something like this on my own, I would be happy:

“Everything feels very refreshing for us right now,” continues Mark about working with Dan The Automator. “After making records for as long as we have, this was important to us. We've been fortunate enough on this record to work with artists from our area (San Francisco) that we've been fans of for years. Dan gave us a perspective and style we've never had before. Drew collaborated with his brother, Beau Roulette, to design the characters and artwork for the album. The whole package will be like nothing else we've ever put together. It has a dark, humorous, pop feeling with serious tones riding underneath. Now we just have to go tour, tour, tour."

Comment

Originally posted by Schism View Post
            Your review is well-written and makes some valid points especially about 'Kalathat' which is very 'Nick Drake' cross 'Sufjan Stevens'. Five Stars is a massive overstatement for such a disappointing album though.
            It's not. Why? Because opinions differ. Some may think it's amazing, some may think it's shit.
            I wouldn't give it five stars, but I can't faulter (Sp?) him for giving it that score.
            last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by efpdwd View Post
              This was nice to hear from Mark. I'm just happy that Dredg is happy and refreshed with their work. Who gives a fuck what we think? It's their product and if I produced something like this on my own, I would be happy:
              Exactly! This sums it all perfectly. I am not very happy with the album myself, still can't really connect to it on any level, I guess my recent musical influence is way too strong to allow me appreciate this record, maybe in time I will. But the point is it is THEIR record and to see them happy with it is great!
              Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Working...
              X