Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Treasure Hunt: Clue #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Treasure Hunt: Clue #7

Thats what I said! haha
    DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by lmerr View Post
      Thats what I said! haha
      LOL

Comment

Originally posted by gtrplyr7 View Post
        lets have a big argument over it.
        ---
        Its also possible that this clue isnt referring to city names, but could be the amount of letters in a specific document we're supposed to be looking at/for.
        Yeah true, but I don't think one specific document could point in 18 different directions. This could very well just be a clue to one location I suppose, but I'm sticking to my cities theory at the moment.

Comment

Thats the thing. Not every clue is going to be pointing to 18 cities. We're going to find out the locations, and the rest of the clues will have to be pointing to the spot in those cities where the treasure is. I dont see any other way they could do it.

Comment

Hey, I posted this over at dredg.com, and figured I'd post it here too.

I've found reason to believe (but not to conclude) that the cities are NOT what generated those letters. I listed, according to Traversing, all of the cities that dredg had played in from the beginning of 2008 until now. I have this:

-Assume that they only hid treasures in cities they played shows in, and that the letters are from the names of the 18 cities.
            -There's only ONE 'j' anywhere in these city names: Jacksonville, FL. So then Jacksonville has to be one of the cities. Note that this gets rid of our one 'j' and our one 'k'.
            -There's only one 'y' in the clue. The relevant cities with a 'y' in the name are:
            Oklahoma City, OK
            New York, NY
            Salt Lake City, UT
            Kansas City, MO
            Iowa City, IO
            West Hollywood, CA
            -The first four cities have a 'k', and we already used up our only 'k'. the last two have a 'w', and we didn't even have a 'w' to start with. Thus, there's no way to satisfy the problem.

So then if those letters do come from cities, then it's not just the cities they played shows in. Unless I missed something, but I was fairly thorough, and put all of the cities into notepad and used the find option to look for the letters.

Anyway, back to obsessing.

Comment

I don't think it said anywhere that it IS the cities they played recently, thats just a speculation.
              DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Yeah I know, I was just looking into it.

Comment

It really just has to be anywhere they've visited. It could be out in the middle of Kansas during a drive between KC and Denver.
                  Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                  Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Well, that's stating the obvious. People are just trying to hopefully narrow down the possibilities, and I give them an A for effort there. It's certainly much more than I could even provide. I've basically given up on this hunt because it's so outrageously vague, I know I'll never get anywhere with it.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                      It really just has to be anywhere they've visited. It could be out in the middle of Kansas during a drive between KC and Denver.
                      Lets hope so, I'm already there haha.
                      DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
                        Well, that's stating the obvious. People are just trying to hopefully narrow down the possibilities, and I give them an A for effort there. It's certainly much more than I could even provide. I've basically given up on this hunt because it's so outrageously vague, I know I'll never get anywhere with it.
                        We don't even have half of the clues though. It's definitely vague now, but I wouldn't give up on it, since It'll probably get a bit clearer later on.

Comment

How do you know how many clues there are?
                          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Ah, I guess I assumed that there were going to be 18 clues. I saw all the "18" stuff in the original post and just remembered it incorrectly. There will still probably be a good amount of clues given though.

Comment

I have a feeling there will be clues until it is solved. Didn't drew "help out" a little bit last time as well?

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
                                Yeah, I know how you feel....but don't give up yet.....Like what Martanicus said

Originally posted by Martanicus View Post
                                We don't even have half of the clues though. It's definitely vague now, but I wouldn't give up on it, since It'll probably get a bit clearer later on.
                                Elements of the past and the future combinin' to make somethin' not quite as good as either!

Comment

Working...
                                X