Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Treasure Hunt: Clue #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasure Hunt: Clue #6

"This is called the cyclic-uproar"
    sorry.
    good thinking but not quite right

Re: Treasure Hunt: Clue #6

it was believed that the only way to prepare / get ready for these uproars was to be passive.. and "the final result was pessimistically conceived."

is this a clue.. or are we being told to be patient... shit will reveal itself shortly..

?
    ---
    this paticular uproar.. doesnt sound very up lifting:

"Sirs, after the lapse of a hundred thousand years, the cycle is to be renewed; this world will be destroyed; also the mighty ocean will dry up; and this broad earth, and Sineru, the monarch of the mountains, will be burnt up and destroyed,--up to the Brahma heavens will the destruction of the world extend. Therefore, sirs, cultivate friendliness; cultivate compassion, joy, and indifference; wait on your mothers; wait on your fathers; and honor your elders among your kinsfolk."

This is called the Cyclic-Uproar.
    Many Friends Yet Still A Loner!

THIS TREAUSURE HUNT IS LIKE CRACK!

Comment

Not sure, but I always thought this hunt would somehow involve Buddhism because of Chi Cheng.
      sorry.

Comment

I'm finding a lot of stuff related to Buddha and mythology...?

ETA: Damn, you got that first RckNorCal....good job!
        Elements of the past and the future combinin' to make somethin' not quite as good as either!

Comment

the fact that "this is called the cyclic-uproar" (althought it could be located other places)... is an exact quote..

leads me to believe this has something to do with it
          ---

start reading.. haha

buddha / mythology sounds like dredg all the way.. i really wish i could see how these clues releated...

still looking
          ---
          each involves numbers (in form of years)
          maybe this could break down some of the first clue!?
          Cyclic- 100,000 years
          Buddha - 1,000 years
          Univeral Monarch - 100 years
          ---
          Originally posted by Slice View Post
          Damn, you got that first RckNorCal....good job!
          we can call it a tie, haha
          ---
          wondering why they skipped over 10,000..... well here it is:

When of these three Uproars they hear the sound of the Buddha-Uproar, the gods of all ten thousand worlds come together into one place, and having ascertained what particular being is to be The Buddha, they approach him, and beseech him to become one. But it is not till after omens have appeared that they beseech him.
          ---
          this caught my eye too..

It is three hundred leagues in length, two hundred and fifty in breadth, and nine hundred in circumference. In this country are born The Buddhas, the Private Buddhas, the Chief Disciples, the Eighty Great Disciples, the Universal Monarch, and other eminent ones, magnates of the warrior caste, of the Brahman caste, and the wealthy householders. "And in it is this city called Kapilavatthu," thought he, and concluded that there he ought to be born.

** they say "The Buddhas, the Private Buddhas, the Chief Disciples......"... reminds me of "the pariah the parrot the delusion"

Comment

Did you guys see this Book of Three's stuff?

In making up this number the Future Buddha is to be counted as number I, and the four urns of treasure together as number 7.
            sorry.

Comment

The Buddhas, who always include in their teachings the Three Characteristics :
              birth, old age, and death

more talk about grouping of 3.. so this caught my eye.. take it for what its worth

Comment

Could the number have to do with the lines represented in these?

---
                AND/OR

DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

on a side note and this is probably a stretch but it's worth just getting out there to get the idea dismissed, but i came across while searching

YourDictionary helps you find definitions, meanings, etymologies, related words, and more.

was just thinking maybe this had to with the catalyst club dredg played, but after reading everything in here so far, you all are on a good path, unlike this haha
                  Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

we will just have to wait for Clue Thursday again!

Comment

Working...
                    X