Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Treasure Hunt: Clue #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Treasure Hunt: Clue #4

Texas can also work with the two treasures. They visit Houston as well as Austin. I think they also stop in Dallas. Someone check the tour list =P

Anyways, I think that if we want to figure out where these treasures are, we're going to need another kind of clue. They're still too vague, and everything to this point are assumptions. I've been researching Cellar with Houston, and I can't really come up with anything. I went to that Cellar 17 place, and no dice. *sigh*

Comment

drew says things will reveal themselves soon enough...

hopefully next clue...

if we can't figure it out prior to that
      Many Friends Yet Still A Loner!

THIS TREAUSURE HUNT IS LIKE CRACK!

Comment

i'm guessing that the second 1000 is the one attached to information, and since ? = saviour, that means that 3300 = soo: ocean meets bay.
        http://www.lowercasenoises.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pryftan Wing View Post
          Here's the thing I was talking about before:

1072 - Pariah
          0100 - Ireland
          0150 - Pessimistic
          1315 - Light Switch
          1038 - Gathering Pebbles
          1000 - Information
          3300 - Ocean Meets Bay
          ? - Savior
          6011 - R.U.O.K.
          6138 - I Don't Know
          3945 - Mourning this Morning
          9321 - Take a Look Around
          2515 - Cartoon Showroom
          0150 - Quotes
          0117 - Horizon

Just dropped the three purely instrumental tracks from the tracklist (treating R.U.O.K. as having "lyrics" is pretty arbitrary, I know, but it's the only way I can make anything work). I have no idea if I'm on the right track or not at all, but I thought I'd share.
          Yeah the new clue works with this very well, it's too bad I never made it any further if this was right. It's true that it doesn't align with 18 cities nice but I was thinking maybe some sort of alternate tracklist would end up stringing the numbers together in a different way and result in zip codes.

For example, the songs referenced by the spoken bit in "Horizon" makes the order Ireland, Information, Pariah, Gathering Pebbles, Cartoon Showroom, I Don't Know, Gathering Pebbles, Ocean Meets Bay, Quotes, and Horizon, which translates to "0100100010721038251561381038330001500117". Breaks even into strings of 5, but there are only 8 and they're not all zip codes. So I didn't really get anywhere by trying it like this, and it doesn't wrap in the Down into the Cellar = Houston clue.

I guess what The Observer did was drop out Quotes and replace it with Down into the Cellar, which tosses out the original logic of only including songs with some sort of lyrical content. Ultimately it doesn't make much sense but I don't know of any other way to split this thing into strings of four digits apiece that also corresponds to one song for each string while incorporating as many clues.
          Last edited by Pryftan Wing; July 7, 2009, 07:47 AM.
          Restore your needed shelter..

Comment

Originally posted by Pryftan Wing View Post
            Yeah the new clue works with this very well, it's too bad I never made it any further if this was right. It's true that it doesn't align with 18 cities nice but I was thinking maybe some sort of alternate tracklist would end up stringing the numbers together in a different way and result in zip codes.

For example, the songs referenced by the spoken bit in "Horizon" makes the order Ireland, Information, Pariah, Gathering Pebbles, Cartoon Showroom, I Don't Know, Gathering Pebbles, Ocean Meets Bay, Quotes, and Horizon, which translates to "0100100010721038251561381038330001500117". Breaks even into strings of 5, but there are only 8 and they're not all zip codes. So I didn't really get anywhere by trying it like this, and it doesn't wrap in the Down into the Cellar = Houston clue.

I guess what The Observer did was drop out Quotes and replace it with Down into the Cellar, which tosses out the original logic of only including songs with some sort of lyrical content. Ultimately it doesn't make much sense but I don't know of any other way to split this thing into strings of four digits apiece that also corresponds to one song for each string while incorporating as many clues.
            Thats what I was trying to do, not include any of the instrumental tracks...read your post and just went back to down to the cellar
            i need to rework my "theory" that is not really a theory since i have no clue what i'm doing obviously.....

Comment

Working...
            X