Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Treasure Hunt : General BrainStorming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasure Hunt : General BrainStorming

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
    Maybe you guys should start a thread for general brainstorming, and keep the discussion in this thread related to the numbers?
    Just a suggestion
    Good Suggestion...

Have at it
    ---
    Originally posted by asddas View Post
    Not treasure hunt related but anyway...

I found that La Calle de la Fundacion was the first street in SF founded by William A. Richardson. Today the street doesn't exist anymore, but originally it started at Pine Street / Kearny Street.

See the 555 Calfornia Street.

Directly oposite is the St Marys Square which belongs to the Ol Sanit Mary's Cathedral.

It has a famous sign with the words: "Son Observe the Time and Fly from Evil" - because the church was standing next to brothels.

Sounds like that matches the albums concept.
    another good find.. I think.. trying to keep it all together in one section
    Many Friends Yet Still A Loner!

THIS TREAUSURE HUNT IS LIKE CRACK!

Re: Treasure Hunt : General BrainStorming

http://owshitz.files.wordpress.com/2...6009174807.jpg
    Here is a hi-res image of the album cover....probably an initial album cover idea and then it got tweaked for actual release?????

cant tell what the words are....i see comcago & erie(although a search for comcago & erie returns a chicago & erie railroad on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_and_Erie_Railroad)
    new york susquehanna http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yor...estern_Railway
    ---
    however this isn't the album cover we have...so maybe its all irrelevant

Comment

remember last time some drawings surfaced from a p2p engine that ended up having clues on them? I wouldn't count this alternate cover out completely.

Comment

TREASURE HUNT CLUE #2......has not been posted yet...

I'm headed to Las Vegas a little later today... and will mostlikely be away when the Next Clue Comes out... Slightly Sad that I'm going to a place as crazy as Vegas.. and I'm bummed that I wont be here for the Next Clue!

when it does get here.. hopefully someone will start the new thread.. trying to stay consistant with the first.

I haven't decided if I want to bring the laptop or not.. i have the iphone.. that might have to do for this trip.

Billy/Scott.. please text me when the next clue is out!
        "wait for me... you're on to something... maybe"

good luck

Comment

I don't know if I'm the first one to post this or not but did anybody else notice the link of the First clue?

777... The numbers of the links above and below the clue aren't sequential. 775 and 781...

Don't know if it's relevant to anything or not...
          Last edited by One Second Clubber; June 16, 2009, 04:27 AM.
          Originally posted by Ars Sycro
          I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

The numbers run across all ground(ctrl) sites... see http://kb24.com/news/778
            Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
            Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

So after the 2nd and 3rd clues it appears that the first clue is in fact every track on the album, some how. I think the Area code thing is the right direction.

Huston Area Codes: 713/281/832

Maybe we can start to break this down better now... Or not...
              I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

would zip codes work? Houston area zip codes are 770?? For the most part.

Comment

I really haven't been paying much attention to the treasure hunt, and it's highly unlikely to mean anything at all, but I noticed an odd similarity between the PPD artwork and that of 'Watershed' by Opeth.

The font used on 'Watershed' and on 'dredg' looks like it could actually be the exact same, not to mention the special edition artwork for Watershed (here) was presented as a letter. The album booklet for Watershed also had a page of code which were revealed to be lyrics.

Apologies for most likely wasting your time.

Comment

Not that this probably means anything...but I noticed on the back of my CD booklet is what looks to be print in red, but I can't make anything out. It's a straight line, so it looks like something, but I don't know what.

The scan barely shows anything, but if someone could tell me if it's on every CD and not just a print "defect" on mine, that would be great.

And of course, if anyone has Photoshop, they could take the pic and screw with the gamma or whatever else and maybe come up with something.

Longshot, I know, but who knows...it could be something...
                    Attached Files

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
                      Not that this probably means anything...but I noticed on the back of my CD booklet is what looks to be print in red, but I can't make anything out. It's a straight line, so it looks like something, but I don't know what.

The scan barely shows anything, but if someone could tell me if it's on every CD and not just a print "defect" on mine, that would be great.

And of course, if anyone has Photoshop, they could take the pic and screw with the gamma or whatever else and maybe come up with something.

Longshot, I know, but who knows...it could be something...
                      I checked and I have that vague red mark too. I can't make anything of it tho :\
                      I want to walk around half-naked and in sequins and dressed like, I don't know, a pirate, maybe, proclaiming my heterosexuality.

Comment

Just want to keep things going so i started thinking back. Ok, 18 cities...18 leaflets...

So, back tot he leaflets.

How do you think they apply?

And things in the leaflets i noticed:

1. certain words describing the video (ex. yellow bike nerd)
                        2. certain things thrown in for only a second or two like pictures.

just trying to keep everything thinking about this and maybe someone will see something i overlooked.
                        Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Originally posted by prophetstyle View Post
                          Just want to keep things going so i started thinking back. Ok, 18 cities...18 leaflets...

So, back tot he leaflets.

How do you think they apply?

And things in the leaflets i noticed:

1. certain words describing the video (ex. yellow bike nerd)
                          2. certain things thrown in for only a second or two like pictures.

just trying to keep everything thinking about this and maybe someone will see something i overlooked.

ya, i've watched them over an over.. noticed the same things.. just dont know how they link.. or if they link..

Comment

credit goes out to Billy for this one..
                            cartoonart.org
                            In San Francisco... I'll keep this in mind.. I can check it out.. but have no idea what i'd look for...
                            still wanna figure out the first clue...

Comment

Originally posted by RckNorCal425 View Post
                              cartoonart.org
                              what is the connection?

Comment

Working...
                              X