Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

rubix cube code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rubix cube code

hey zah can you post the pictures of the solved cube so the others can see please?

This crack is like the tresure hunt!

Sure thing. Just a sec. . .

Edit: All right. Here are the pictures. Sorry for the delay. Decided to make a new Photobucket account for these pics. My other one is public (and is also my website link in my board profile), and I didn't want any sort of "security problems" to occur. The pictures are a little blurry, but they get the job done.

Solved Cube:

Comment

we wrote down the many lines of code and a few things that Amy came up with was "Melvil Dewey." and "plural feline" well billy i think figured out that the "plural feline" is "los gatos" so that is most likely where we are going next but I'm not sure about the other one some sort of book depot or something like that but yeah.....

This crack is like the tresure hunt!

Comment

re: rubix cube code

Thats what i figured... Los Gatos = Cats in spanish....
        It looks like the bottom line is "Schnee _ _ _ _ _ _
        Maybe an Author... keeping in mind that Dewey... is the Decimal guy at the library!
        Many Friends Yet Still A Loner!

THIS TREAUSURE HUNT IS LIKE CRACK!

Comment

Two thingsl

Melvil Dewey basically created the classification system you see in most libraries. So there's a possibility you may be looking at or around libraries there.

However, I also found this...

Look at the second to last name.
          Originally posted by Gnomad
          I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Background on Dewey;

Super God.
            do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Re: re: rubix cube code

Originally posted by evilmonkey22
              we wrote down the many lines of code and a few things that Amy came up with was "Melvil Dewey." and "plural feline" well billy i think figured out that the "plural feline" is "los gatos" so that is most likely where we are going next but I'm not sure about the other one some sort of book depot or something like that but yeah.....
              What makes you think "plural feline" is Los Gatos?

Super God.

Comment

Wait, nevermind.

Super God.

Comment

re: rubix cube code

An illustration of the cube:

Yeah, that's pretty much all I came up with, too. Dewey is the guy that created the Dewey Decimal system. So, maybe a library has something to do with this clue?

I'll look at the code a little more later.

Comment

The order goes Green>Red>Blue>Orange
                    8=L
                    2=A

The first row reads:

Green
                    MEL

Red
                    VIL

Blue
                    DEW

Orange
                    EY.

So, like monkey said, Melvil Dewey.

The second row reads like this:

Green
                    PLU

Red
                    RAL

Blue
                    FEL

Orange
                    INE

So that comes out to "Plural Feline" which alludes to "Los Gatos". So hopfully from this, you can assess which is the last line of code.

As far as the white and yellow sides, I have no clue how to read those.

Comment

Am I the only one that doesn't understand where all the Ls are coming from if 8=L? If this is their own sort of alphabet or whatever, using < as both L and P and 8 and < as L would be confusing.
                      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Yeah, it's been confusing as hell. It just shows that this isn't as easy at "USE A SHOVEL" or "PEBBLES WITH SYMBOLS"

We just have to read what we see and work with that.

Comment

Ok, strangely enough, I have found an author with the last name Schneede, which can be spelled with the last row.

What I have, which is confusing still is "Schneede Folk"

Comment

Apparently Schneede (or Uwe M Schneede) is an art writer. He has a lot of books on art, including books on surrealism and Ernst.

Therefore, "Schneede Folk" could be artists in general.

Looks like you guys may need to head to the Los Gatos Library to maybe check out this book:

http://64.204.128.44/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=P1289M692G031.1634&profile=lgpl&u ri=link=3100014~!144335~!3100001~!3100002&aspect=s ubtab24&menu=search&ri=2&source=~!horizon&term=Sch neede%2C+Uwe+M.&index=PAUTHOR

Main Los Gatos Library Website: http://library.town.los-gatos.ca.us/

Super God.

Comment

I have been working on this, but I can't quite read some of the symbols. For example, what is in the middle of the white side? Is there any way to get better pics by chance? If not, I will guess. There are only three squares I am not sure on.
                              sorry.
                              good thinking but not quite right

Comment

Working...
                              X